PDA

View Full Version : site with good diagrams or setup pictures

namsupak
07/09/2006, 10:15 PM
I was wondering is there a site with good Diagrams or good setup pictures for filtration systems. Up until now I have been running a simple power filter w/biowheels, an aqua C remora, powerheads, and constant water changes. I am interested in starting a new tank with a canister filter and hooking up a bigger protein skimmer. I am also concerned with aesthetics and I want to try and put as many components into the cabinet underneath the stand as possible. My question is this even possible, to put the raw water to the protein skimmer and then put that inline with the canister filter then back to main tank? I am also open to any ideas but the problem its hard for me to visualize without some sort of diagram so if you could please direct me to any site that would be good. Thanks.

Fiziksgeek
07/10/2006, 05:51 AM
You can skip the canister. Unless you are very dillignet with maintenance, they become nitrate traps. Check out http://www.melevsreef.com for some awesome sump plans and other great info.

namsupak
07/30/2006, 08:01 AM
These are some awesome sumps. I am not an acrylic wizard though so I just ended up with a pro clear aquatics one, which looks fine. What are the thoughts on LR instead of the bioballs in it and also would it be okay to put a Euro Reef CS80 in there with a return pump for the display tank? What would be the best quality and most quiet pump for a 90 gallon AGA with built in overflows? Thanks

Ironsheikh
07/30/2006, 08:49 AM
peteducation.com has articles on filtration w/ sump pics