PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tip Closing During day

Jacksonbriggs
07/10/2006, 08:00 PM
I just picked up my green bubble tip yesterday and he's doing fine so far. He kind of closed up during the day yesterday and when the lights went off he opened right up very wide. When the lights came on today he immediately closed up. Any ideas as to why he is doing this?

finding nemo
07/11/2006, 07:14 AM
What kind of lighting do you have?
I would suppose it is MH or brighter then the SW store had him under and it will take some time for him to acclimate to them.

Jacksonbriggs
07/11/2006, 01:17 PM
I belive the store had pc lights and I also have pc lights. Granted they could have have had halides but I am not sure of that. I fed him some food last night that I feed the fish and he ate it up pretty good. Do bubble anenome's prefer high, medium, low flow in the tank. I placed him in a rock crevis and he has pretty much stayed in the medium water flow but when he expands he is in high flow.

sarahkucera
07/11/2006, 10:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7722045#post7722045 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jacksonbriggs
I belive the store had pc lights and I also have pc lights. Granted they could have have had halides but I am not sure of that. I fed him some food last night that I feed the fish and he ate it up pretty good. Do bubble anenome's prefer high, medium, low flow in the tank. I placed him in a rock crevis and he has pretty much stayed in the medium water flow but when he expands he is in high flow.

He'll move if he doesn't like it.
He's probably just a little tired from the move and is busy acclimating to his new house. He could be expelling waste also, as nems will inflate and deflate as a way to expell waste.

Good luck!

Jacksonbriggs
07/12/2006, 12:57 PM
speaking of moving it must have heard you because he started to head down towards the lower flow last night. Thanks for the help. Hopefully once it finds a good home the clowns will host him.

sarahkucera
07/12/2006, 08:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7729018#post7729018 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jacksonbriggs
speaking of moving it must have heard you because he started to head down towards the lower flow last night. Thanks for the help. Hopefully once it finds a good home the clowns will host him.

My clowns have been eyeing my RBTA and in the four or six weeks he's been in my tank they haven't even attempted to host. They haven't even looked twice at my LTA that I just added.