PDA

View Full Version : dual tanks

BCreefmaker
07/11/2006, 08:49 PM
is it possible to put one tank in fron of another, because i would like to have 2 tanks the front being a FOWRL and the rear tank being a reef tank.. just wondering if there will be any affects with glass, like mirroring, or is it easier to do it any other way. will the 2x150w 10k HM w/ 2 96watt True Actinic will be enough light for the second tank, it would be centered over the back 40 gallon for the clams and corals and the second thank would probbably be also 40 gallons or larger.

bertoni
07/11/2006, 11:35 PM
I think that the view into the rear tank is going to be pretty low quality. That's a lot of glass surfaces to cross.

sir_dudeguy
07/12/2006, 12:04 AM
first, why would you do that? sure its possible...but why? i agree w/bertoni all the way.

Fmellish
07/12/2006, 12:07 AM
Just get a tank that is extra wide from front to back and install a center glass partition. If that's the effect you were going for.

Although not being able to get close to the reef would be frustrating for viewers I suppose.

NOW, if it was going to be a 4-sided affair, with the tanks in the middle of a room, then it could kick @ss. have the tanks back up to each other and build the stand to hold both and do all plumbing and electrical through the middle and have it viewable on all sides. That might be neat.

Josh

Nathan4Wvu
07/12/2006, 12:18 AM
YOU ever look through a tank and try to see behind it you can't see much that would not be a good idea!

One cool thing i have seen some one do is make an L shape with 2 tanks where one sits behind the other it looks really cool