PDA

View Full Version : Calcium/Alkalinity/Magnesium Question

honeybee
07/12/2006, 10:25 PM
I have the Dowflake Calcium Chloride now were do I find the Magnesium Chloride Hexahyrate in central Illinois?

Honeybee

panaboy95
07/13/2006, 06:55 AM
WHERE DID YOU GET THE DOWFLAKE? I AM ALSO LOOKING TO START MAKING SOME TWO PART.

tcottle
07/13/2006, 04:46 PM
This site is selling MagFlake and Dowflake in 8lb quantities for $12

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/showproducts.asp?Sub=124&showspecials=124

I have been using Prestone Driveway heat in place of Dowflake without problems but once it is gone I'll probably purchase Dowflake

I am sitting on 25lbs of the pellet form of MagFlake that I would sell to at the next meeting for a buck a pound if anyone is interested.

Frank I remember that you have given me frags in the past so the first 3lbs is free :) (and it is about time for you to show up at a meeting again)

honeybee
07/13/2006, 05:19 PM
Hello,

Neal Tire used Dowflake as a source of calcium chloride for tractor tires. They have switch to a new product that is not suitable for use in a reef but the Effingham store still has several 50lb bags in stock. The local dealer in Charleston had a bag ship up (no charge) and I payed a little less than $15 for 50 lb. I can live with that!!

tcottle: You are probably right about the meeting and if you have an answer for eliminating Dictylota I would be there for sure. I have Torch and Frogspawn that needs to be divided into smaller fragments but who whats it covered with Dictylota??

Honeybee

honeybee
07/14/2006, 10:14 AM
panaboy95

If you have trouble finding Dowflake try Superior Sullivan in Effingham, Phone # 342-4390. The are the calcium chloride supplier for tracter tire and concrete companies in this area.

Honybee

honeybee
07/14/2006, 08:28 PM
Name correction:

The Effingham company is called Superior Solvents and Chemicals.

Honeybee