PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Milwaukee

MadTownMax
07/13/2006, 12:32 PM
Yup - finally found the job I've been looking for, and found out this morning that they want me there, so I'll be moving in about 2 weeks.

I've had a lot of good times with the DRC - and owe a lot of my understanding of this hobby to fellow members.

I'm going to be selling the majority of my set-up excluding my clowns, live rock, anemone, and a few other corals that I cannot replace too easily (nr16g has "dibs" on everything - if there's anything left over, I'll post it in the club's forum)

gotta get back to work :D

I'll post more later if I can think of anything!

Safir
07/13/2006, 01:19 PM
Good for you! Best of luck in the mid west.

time for a bigger setup? ;)

mbbuna
07/13/2006, 01:43 PM
Nick, Congratulations on the new job!:beer:

are you going to offer another "how to move a tank" seminar?

if theres anything you want to keep from your tank i can hold it untill you get set up and ship it to you

kaptken
07/13/2006, 01:57 PM
It's not every day you find that perfect dream job you have been looking for. when you gotta go, you gotta go. but we will miss you and wish you luck. I'm sure you will keep in touch on the forum. I can't wait to see what you set up next in bigger home. be sure to post some pics for us.

Congratulations Nick

MadTownMax
07/13/2006, 06:04 PM
Safir - a bigger set-up is definately on the horizon, I'm flying out tomorrow morning to look at apartments/condos and a prime location for a 120 will weigh heavily into my decision :D

Chris - this time it's going to be a one-man deal - after I get everything taken apart and sold (no room for the tank/stand and fish containers in the back of my Sportage), I plan to get a 120 qt cooler - like Ken's (found one at Wally world for $45) and then run a dc inverter to power a powerhead, air pump, and heater. Temperature swings were my biggest obsticle when moving my 30-gallon set-up out here in a 18-gallon rubbermaid container - so I'm confident that my clowns will be traveling first class back to milwaukee - included in that cooler will be my special pieces - green ricordia yuma rocks, orange ricordia yuma and red rhodactis, green-tipped rose anemone, the dendrophylia frag, and my clam - hopefully someone will offer a good home for the purple tang (Violet) (she?) is my biggest worry as I know they're very sensitive to water quality, and it's such a beautyful specimen, I'd rather not risk loosing it in the move -

Thanks Ken - you've definately been a great motivator and mentor in my job search.

Pictures will be in plentiful supply - this is a system I've been dreaming of for years, but held back until I knew I would be in one place for a while, not just 6-month spurts as the last few years have been :lol:

nanoreef16g
07/13/2006, 06:57 PM
I appreciate all your time and knowledge man. Some of my first zoa's came from you. You'll be missed bro and thank you.

wds21921
07/13/2006, 07:39 PM
Best of luck Nick on the new job and the new JUMBO tank, when it get's going :D.

Brats, Beer and Cheese. Hmm watch the poundage ;).

When you do get set up and rolling let me know and I will definitley have some frags available for you by the time your ready for them.

RBTA
07/13/2006, 07:46 PM
Congrats on the new job! You will definately be missed here at DRC. And the urchin you gave me is alive and well still! And thanks for all the helpful adivice and stuff concerning the lights and the urchin and the Tunze powerhead.

Good luck and have fun!
-Chris

MadTownMax
07/13/2006, 07:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7738743#post7738743 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wds21921
Best of luck Nick on the new job and the new JUMBO tank, when it get's going :D.

Brats, Beer and Cheese. Hmm watch the poundage ;).

When you do get set up and rolling let me know and I will definitley have some frags available for you by the time your ready for them.

Mucho thanks :)

The diet is a necessary evil to build up a solid layer of blubber insulation for the 6+ months of winter :D

By the way - if anyone knows someone looking to sublet a place from August to December (maybe more, depending on if the landlord gets permission to demolish the house :eek1: ) in Downtown newark for $400/month, just let me know ;)

wds21921
07/13/2006, 07:51 PM
Excellent point, I completely forgot about the Milwaukee winters brrrrrrr.
A close friend of mine lived in Eau Claire for a while and he and his wife had plenty of 4'-5' snow stories lol.
At least your not in Lansing ;D.

kaptken
07/13/2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah!

i hear they have a nice summer up there, and schedule it for one weekend in august every year.!! BRRR! Or was that Minny-soda?

thats why i left the snow belt in ohio many moon back for sunny california.. then they ship me out here. oh well. I'm sure you have plenty of friends and family up there to make it all worth while. hey, do they have a football team up there?

MadTownMax
07/13/2006, 08:32 PM
:lol: yeah, the meat packers, but the only sport I really follow is Badgers football - go UW! (hence the MadTown (Madison) in MadTownMax) :D

MadTownMax
07/13/2006, 08:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7738795#post7738795 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RBTA
Congrats on the new job! You will definately be missed here at DRC. And the urchin you gave me is alive and well still! And thanks for all the helpful adivice and stuff concerning the lights and the urchin and the Tunze powerhead.

Good luck and have fun!
-Chris

Thanks Chris - I'm still up for helping you with your tank though before I go - and any frag donations I can make :)

Safir
07/13/2006, 08:42 PM
MTM - don't forget the sand and stomatella's you promised me before you leave.. and don't forget those supplements i've got for ya, if you still want them.

we're working on a bigger system too.. but it'll be another year before we start looking for a place that can actually support it :lol:
http://freebmw.net/safir/Aquaria/220G/06-28-06_1541.jpg

kaptken
07/13/2006, 08:50 PM
OH!!! What was I thinking. the Packers of course. The favorite old time nemisis of my beloved hometown Cleveland browns. May vince and Bart and Paul and all the others live in our minds forever!!! Packers and Browns, some of the best, outdoor, natural turf, bad weather, mud slogging games I've ever seen. Those were two great teams back then. But they still couldn't tackle Jim Brown with fewer than six guys on the scrum . He was at his peak then.

We will talk this fall.

MadTownMax
07/13/2006, 09:02 PM
safir - they're all yours, maybe next weekend we could meet-up at a location more in-between (like fishman on concord pike? )I'm flying out tomorrow morning to find a place, otherwise I'd say we could meet-up this weekend :(

The bonus to that, is that you can basically have all my sand, as I should have the tank pretty much dis-assembled by then - hopefully.

That is one nice tank - hope I can find a place that will fit a big one (no 4th-story walk-ups :eek1: ) - looking though the ads, I'm thinking more and more that I should get a place of my own so I can get as big of a tank as I'd like :lol: - but it's a two edged sword, because if I have a roomate, then I'd have more money to spend on the tank :lol:

Ken- damn man - those are the good ol' days, but espn classic shows enough re-runs of ice-bowl games that I have a bit of an idea of where you're coming from - this fall should be interesting to watch, a lot of changes coming down the road :rolleyes:

kaptken
07/13/2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I havent followed fuutbawl too much lately since most of my favorite old teams have been in the basement. but one day the sun will shine.

Hey if you move your livestock in a big ol cooler, how do you keep the water from splashing around and coming out of the lid seam? seems you might consider some kind of soft baffle system in the cooler to slow the water slosh down. thats a long ride from here.
perhaps something as simple as a sheet of 1 inch styrofoam laid in just below the top of the cooler edge with some breather holes for air passage and drainage. other wise you might get a lot of salt in the back of the SUV. it will get rusty enough up there in winter on the outside.

MadTownMax
07/13/2006, 09:48 PM
we'll see - I'm not to concerned about splashing as I won't be weaving in and out of traffic too much - and the back of the SUV has a nice rubber/plastic liner that will hold a few gallons if they happen to slosh out -

Safir
07/13/2006, 09:57 PM
Housing is relatively inexpensive throughout most of the midwest - buy yourself a 2bd bungalow with an unfinished 2nd floor - rent the 2nd bedroom, then over time finish the upstairs for your romo and make te "1st" bedroom your fish room :)

<--- has had a little time to think about this ;)

edit: oh yeah... we can meet any time, and fishman is fine, easy to get to from here also :)

wds21921
07/13/2006, 10:08 PM
Safir has the most awsome reef catfish I've ever seen. Brilliant!!!

RBTA
07/13/2006, 10:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7739097#post7739097 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MadTownMax
Thanks Chris - I'm still up for helping you with your tank though before I go - and any frag donations I can make :)

Alright I can see if I can convince the parents to let me do it before you go, my parents said yes to the 90gal so I just need to see when I can pick it up and it will pretty much center around that. Haha I would never be able to turn down frags if offered.:D

kaptken
07/13/2006, 10:53 PM
well, maybe a few vertical baffles too to slow the slosh down. otherwise the poor little fishies go on an "E" ticket ride every time you hit the gas or brake or make a turn. bouncing off corals and rock and what knot.

hey thats only an 828 mile ride and 14 hours according to mapquest.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=newark&1s=de&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=milwaukee&2s=wi&2z=&r=f

Piece of cake!! when I used to bounce from coast to coast, I would get 7 days travel time and pay and perdiem. so i would busta hump at 1000 miles a day for two days so I could spend a couple days R & R in Las Vegas, INVESTING my travel pay. You're a lucky guy. do make the most of it.

I use this site to track real estate in certain parts of the country i might be interested in to build my off the grid self sufficient solar, ICF construction home. you might try this if you want a house or condo. the most listings anywhere on one site..

http://realtor.com/FindHome/default.asp?mode=map&poe=realtor

just for fun or info.

boy, Sometimes I do miss hitting the road. Ive been thru or lived in 46 of the 50 states so far...4 to go.. America is a nice big beautiful country. Everyone should see it all.

It's Your turn.

happy trails

dvlhzdu
07/14/2006, 08:14 AM
Nick thanks for all the help with the club you have made a huge difference in the organization. Good luck with the new job and the move.

Tom

Safir
07/14/2006, 09:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7739645#post7739645 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wds21921
Safir has the most awsome reef catfish I've ever seen. Brilliant!!!

problem is, he kills any other fish i put in there ;)

Safir
07/14/2006, 03:49 PM
BTW nick (or anyone really) we're making some burgers (and having a few drinks of course ;) ) later this evening, if you're in town and not to obusy you're welcome to come up and visit our fishies before you move.

MadTownMax
07/14/2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks Safir, but I flew out to Milwaukee this morning, and just concluded my first day of apartment hunting - it's not as cheap as I thought - but still some pretty good leads for just a few hours of hoofin' it - there's something about that Penthouse apartment with a deck, view of the lake, view of the city, and included electric that is kinda getting the best of me - however, I think I'd have to go back to a nano tank to afford it :lol: (then again, - the electric would be included if I decided to set-up a mondo tank :D )

mbbuna
07/14/2006, 05:38 PM
Hey there Nick (and everybody else)!

This is Barb by the way....
I just heard about your new job - and the move. I'm happy that you found your dream job but sad to see ya go - you and your tie-dyed funky outfit are really gonna be missed. Any dibs on your tee-shirt yet?:) So, what is your new job anyway - playing with fire???? Only a 120? Why not go for 180 or 210? Sorry I didn't have a chance to meet your girlfriend that day when you stopped by - is her tank coming too? I wish you luck with hunting for a home for your new tank(s) and best wishes for you and your new journey. Keep in touch and please send lots of pics once you're set up.
Barb

aquajamieb
07/14/2006, 06:21 PM
congrats on finding your dream job. Just think, if Delaware had a male strip club, you would have to leave!!! HAHAHAHA. But on a serious note, it was really good to have met you and traded/sold corals, drank beers and all that. Best of luck, and keep in touch!!

wds21921
07/14/2006, 07:31 PM
Looking into the crystal ball (ok my monitor) I see a large 300 gallon tank in your future............................

Gordonious
07/14/2006, 07:43 PM
Congratulations and good luck. I've got to come by and see your tank soon before you start to majorly disassemble it.

MadTownMax
07/14/2006, 08:23 PM
Barb - Thank you so much! I wish I could go bigger - but I'll wait until I have a house to attempt a beautiful system like yours :)

The tye-dye T-shirt will once again be making an appearance, as I'll be moving the tank (the big smiley face reminds me to be happy when I'm moving) - dibs on it are already being taken by the Smithsonian; but I'm holding out for a litte more cash :lol:

wds - I need to see that crystal ball - it needs to tell me when I'm getting a raise at this new job to afford a 300-gallon :D

Gordonious - I think I'm going to be breaking-down next weekend (22,23rd) just to make sure it's all taken care of before I have to start dealing with moving everything else - all depends on when people can stop by to pick things up though-

pumpdogs
07/15/2006, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the frags dude,Everything is doing well.Good luck in cheese town.

MadTownMax
07/15/2006, 09:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7746965#post7746965 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pumpdogs
Thanks for the frags dude,Everything is doing well.Good luck in cheese town.

Awesome man - I hope that they grow as fast as they did in my set-up. I'll definately still be checking this forum so keep us posted on their progress - being that those are all 2nd and 3rd generation frags they should be prove to be some great stock to get your tank started :thumbsup:

aquajamieb
07/15/2006, 11:15 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7744755#post7744755 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquajamieb
congrats on finding your dream job. Just think, if Delaware had a male strip club, you would have to leave!!! HAHAHAHA. But on a serious note, it was really good to have met you and traded/sold corals, drank beers and all that. Best of luck, and keep in touch!!
oops, I meant if DE had a male strip club, you WOULDN'T have to leave. sorry to see ya go.

Jamie

MadTownMax
07/15/2006, 03:52 PM
lol - you crack me up, I thought that was a "Just Jack" reference - :lol: :D

Shnabbles
07/15/2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Nick take care man, the 2 blue rics i got from you about a year ago are huge!

MadTownMax
07/16/2006, 08:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7749725#post7749725 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shnabbles
Hey Nick take care man, the 2 blue rics i got from you about a year ago are huge!

Really? what kind of conditions do you have them under? Mine are doing fine (small one now has 3-mouths) but not getting too big - maybe mine need more light - I have them on the bottom, almost shaded a bit :rolleyes:

Shnabbles
07/16/2006, 08:55 AM
They are about half way up in my 55 under 2x175MH and 2x96 Actinic PC's.

Salinity is 1.026
temp 80
CA 430ppm
Alk 9.8

I used to feed them mysis but they catch them on their own now... They havent split or grown any mouths since i picked them up but they over doubled in size i think... Also the green/pink single ricorodia i got from you at that meeting has split really grown also.

MadTownMax
07/16/2006, 01:50 PM
awesome that they've been growing that much - and yup - that would be more light than mine are getting - so I'll have to remember to put them up a bit higher in the next place.

The next place - A trendy Loft downtown, or a 9th floor (top floor) luxury condo on the trendy east side (with a sundeck directly above - with a panoramic view of the lake and the entire city and then some) - both the same price, hmmm decisions decisions

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Shnabbles
07/16/2006, 02:52 PM
You gotta take the one with the view...or which ever one is closer to the "action" lol.

Gordonious
07/16/2006, 09:18 PM
Could just be a newby question easily solved regardless, but with either of the homes would the floors have much of a weight restriction? Moving into a place that couldn't handle the weight of my salt system would be devastating. I can remember that being the most exciting part of moving out of my parents where my room was on the second floor above the living room and all my tanks had to stay in my room, accept for one.

wds21921
07/16/2006, 09:32 PM
LOL
Most houses are designed to withstand a bare minimum of 800 pound per sq foot. Thats on the same level as the kitchen, the reasoning? Because of the fridges......
A builder told me that a long time ago.
Now if he'd only told me something useful lol.

New houses? I wouldn't put as much faith into but condos and older homes, no worries.

MadTownMax
07/16/2006, 10:35 PM
I definately did factor that into the plan - and as wds said - factoring in a level of safety, you can pretty much count on anything built after ~1945 to hold up to a 75-gallon tank very safely - of course there are plenty of other things to consider as load-bearing walls, other heavy things on the floor - and the fact that some places built a long time ago were really over-built (the ones that weren't probably arent' standing anymore :lol: )

For myself - both of those places I noted above have re-inforced concrete floors - perfect for a 120 :D

I've decided on the one with a view - it includes central air and the other doesn't - so I can run 400W halides and still cool my tank down to 72F by keeping my apartment at sub-zero temps for free - she also gave me a slamming discount for moving in (surprisingly other places didn't, or just gave me a small reduction when I asked - surprising b/c just about every other place there had open apartments ..... )

dwagz
07/17/2006, 06:26 AM
Ahh, Nick ... you're returning home so you can actually help me set up my tank and not try to explain it to me over the phone!

MadTownMax
07/17/2006, 06:32 AM
there goes the neighborhood :lol: :beer: :D

mbbuna
07/17/2006, 07:57 AM
that sounds like a cool place. i want to see place of the view and everything. i bet your going to miss the "rustic"place your leaving behind:)

kaptken
07/17/2006, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah, take the view!! water on the outside and reef on the inside...

dwagz
07/18/2006, 10:13 PM
The place is pretty cool. My friends used to live there. I'm excited to have my own personal reef mentor to show me the ropes. Im looking forward to moving that tank cross-country.

MadTownMax
07/20/2006, 08:49 PM
UPDATE:

Movers will be here on Thursday - I plan to break-down the tank this weekend so I have plenty of time to totally scour it down so it doesn't stink-up the mover's truck - moving won't be so bad since I basically killed everything but the fish by accidentally flooding the tank with freshwater - unfortunate, but true.

cmondo
07/20/2006, 09:06 PM
Hey Nick sorry to hear you are going. I haven't been on reefcentral in a while but this thread basically sums up everything that has happened to you and your tank in the past few weeks. Good luck out in Milwaukee, keep posting here, and let us know what the new setup is going to look like. And as everything reef related pictures are appreciated as you know.

And on a side note, congrats on the job and everything non fish related, and sorry about everything fish related.

Chris

MadTownMax
07/24/2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks Chris - I'm very excited to move, still a little crestfallen about the tank, but my anemones and dendro somehow have pulled through the whole ordeal and are starting to make a come-back - so that's cool.

BTW - I'll be at Kate's for Happy Hour (5-7) on Thursday to say my last good-byes to a lot of people, if anyone is interested, stop on by :)

cmondo
07/24/2006, 05:06 PM
My dendro made it through a couple of those trageties too. Over the winter my roomate opened the window near my tank and the temp went down to 55, and it managed to pull through along with most of my micros and zoos. Those things are hardy. Unfortunately i won't be there for Kate's this who working thing kinda sucks good thing i got another year of college.

MadTownMax
08/02/2006, 10:04 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I made it here OK - I mentioned in another thread, but will re-cap here:

16-hours in the car - only water spilled was when a wonderful woman from Illinios cut me off (on purpose) at a toll booth - I had to slam on the breaks and the bucket w/ my LR tipped and spilled about 1 gallon - easy to clean-up, and the Kia's rear compartment caught anything that got ove the edge :thumbsup:

I ran 2 air pumps in the cooler, and closed the lid tight- they still pumped through the air-lines - hence, no spilled water - and I didn't use my heater - over the 16-hours the temperature went from 80.7 to 80.2 - this really surprised me, as if I would have known that, I would have skipped buying the DC/AC inverter and just used my battery air-pumps (although my main air-pump is a Tetra-tec deepwater - which may explain why it could still pump while the lid was closed tight....)

Everything is alive and well here in Milwaukee - and by sheer luck I was able to find my dream tank - a black 120, with a very well-made custom canopy - picked up the tank and canopy last night, and grabbed the stand today after taking the nephew to Six-Flags :D so all is ready to go - I still won't have any of my equipment until the movers get here (approximately 14-days, but as far as I know, my stuff is in a Tijuana street market right now :rolleyes: ) so I may have to improvise until I get back from Puerto Rico - not exactly ideal, but I think that the fish, corals, and anemone will be OK for a bit longer - I have them near a window now so that they get sunlight for a few hours a day - just to keep them happy....

pictures soon - I've been totally overloaded with things to do over the past 4 days since arriving - so I'm going hour-by-hour on my to-do list, should calm down by this evening, but I'll be picking up a temporary job over the next week (and weekends) so I still won't have a ton of time :( (of course all that money will be going into the new tank though :) )

MadTownMax
08/02/2006, 10:10 PM
Oh, and BTW - I've got pretty good access to Sharkey's Reef (by appointment only ;) )- I think that beyond the hum-drum stuff that I need an LFS for - they are going to be supplying me with the cherry livestock to fill my new tank ;)

If you guys see stuff there and want me to check it out - just let me know - they're still about an hour away - but I can see myself visiting about once a month - their livestock looks top-notch on their website.

Also, I'll see if the Wisconsin Reef Society would be interested in any thermos trades w/ the DRC (or just a large styrofoam box - if we have enough stuff)

mbbuna
08/02/2006, 10:45 PM
:dance: thats great MTM!!! looking forward to the new 120:celeb1:

RBTA
08/02/2006, 11:04 PM
Thats good that the move went well! Awesome news on the 120 it must look awesome!

nanoreef16g
08/02/2006, 11:05 PM
I'm glad you made it safe man. Violet is in her new home and ruling the roost from what I understand.

kaptken
08/02/2006, 11:46 PM
Hey Nick,
I'm glad you made it safely. sounds like a normal cross country move. it takes a while for all your stuff to land in the new spot. but it will get there.

cant wait to see pics of the new 120 when you set it up. but just as important, how about a pic of that high rise view? does it look out at the lake?

mbbuna
08/02/2006, 11:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7869037#post7869037 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kaptken
how about a pic of that high rise view?

thats what i'm talking about:D

dvlhzdu
08/03/2006, 06:19 PM
glad to hear everything made it in one piece. Swnd photos once the 120 is set-up. Stay in touch.

MadTownMax
08/03/2006, 06:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7869060#post7869060 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mbbuna
thats what i'm talking about:D

lol - I took some video yesterday w/ my new phone - I'll see if I can clip some shots out.

and yes - the apartment faces the lake :D

I'll snap some sample shots to hold you guys over until I can get up on the roof w/ my good camera (not my phone :lol: )

I'm currently debating what to do w/ my fish/corals/rock that I brought - it looks like the movers might not come until I'm in puerto Rico - meaning I won't have my equipment until the 20th of August - so I think I'm going to temporarily set-up the 120 as just a place to hold water until the equipment comes -

My only concern there is that that I'll be using tap water :eek1: - since my RO/DI is in transit - so w/ a TDS of 160 - it's not too bad, and I figure if I run a bunch of carbon and rowaphos through it that I can remove any heavy metals and phosphates/nitrates - then mix-in the salt - what a 1/2-donkey'd plan, I know - but I gotta do what works for now. I'd buy one of those tap-water purifiers, but the only place that has them, sells them at such a rediculous price, that I could almost buy a new RO/DI !

- :D

wds21921
08/03/2006, 07:10 PM
Carbon and Rowa should get you by until you get your stuff back from Tijuana or Cozumel. Considering how much can be kept succesfully in unfiltered tap water, I'm sure you'll be ok.

Glad to hear you made it ok. Did you throw a starfish at the lady from Illinois? I'd love to hear her explain that one to her friends LOL.

Bloop will be jealous too that you've got appointement only access to Sharkeys ;) lol.

MadTownMax
08/03/2006, 07:29 PM
lol - thanks wds ;)

gratuitous photo:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/21916window_shot.jpg

hope noone sees that and reports me :lol: I'll have to include the cooler directly below the window that has my fish in it - but just for safety's sake - that window view is reef-related, as it shows how the sun is entering my apartment and keeping my anemone's happy for the time being ;)

MadTownMax
08/03/2006, 07:31 PM
too dark now to get any more photos, and now that I've started working my "interim" job, I have to be at the Wisconsin State Fair by 8 every morning, so I don't know if I'll have time to grab some morning shots - hopefully I'll grab a few sun-risings, it's a nice way to start the day :D

wds21921
08/03/2006, 07:32 PM
Wow I like it. It's got that small town homey type of look but better!!!!!!!!!!!

And the view, ........incredible:).

Hey wait, I dont' see any brewerys............

Gordonious
08/03/2006, 07:34 PM
Can't wait to see the photos and see you put together a new set up. :-)

How about using distilled water for now? Should be a Wal-mart somewhere near by.

Gordonious
08/03/2006, 07:43 PM
wow, I didn't refresh in 20 minutes and it looks like my post is days behind, lol.

kaptken
08/03/2006, 08:59 PM
all right!!

thats a nice high view!!

looks like a nice classic neighborhood. older architecture is nice. makes the area feel more friendly. hey if you set up the 120. you can do cheap temp lighting. just enough to help, by going to home depot, buy a 4 foot 2 lamp shop light or two. either T8 OR T12 and buy the philips DAYLIGHT DELUXE lamps to fit. they are 6500K. about 7 bucks a two pack either size. they come in the two packs with a light blue and black carboard package wrap on the ends. cant miss them. that will work. the 32 watt T8's are 2800 lumen each. 4 would be like one 175 MH .

MadTownMax
08/04/2006, 05:58 AM
hmmmm - T8's would work

I'm checking out how the sun comes in right now - looks like I could position the tank farly well along the wall until I get my lights - then just shimmy it over - maybeI'll just put it in the center of the room until I can do better too... I definately want to spread the anemones out though - they've been touching the last few days jockeying for the highest position in the cooler - and I'm afraid I'm going to come home and see one destroyed.

RBTA - did you say that one of your BTA's killed another - as I was watching mine and they were touching and not retracting their tenticles, which makes me think they may be "OK" with one another - but it still makes me nervous none the less.

-