PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have A. Percula hosting in S. Haddoni? Post here please and thanks.

OCDP
07/13/2006, 02:46 PM
Just seeing what the chances are of getting A. Percula into S. Haddoni. I know it's not a natural host.

I just want to see if anyone has their anemone hosting these clownfish.

Thanks.
Scott

traveller7
07/13/2006, 03:30 PM
My pair of perculas hosted in anything I offered, including Haddoni.

OCDP
07/13/2006, 03:42 PM
Lucky you . :thumbsup:

Amphiprion
07/13/2006, 04:22 PM
IME, they do from time to time. Most of the pairs I have seen will outright avoid S. haddoni-- :confused:

budsnbuds
07/13/2006, 09:28 PM
I agree with Amphirpion, My true percs have been in with my Green haddoni, and have completely avoided it for 4wks. I have sold the haddoni in search of a new, more natural host for the percs, im thinking a sebea anemone (a white one, not a dyed yellow one).

Hope this helps some

OCDP
07/14/2006, 09:13 AM
Interesting. So my chances of A. Percula hosting in S. Haddoni are as good a chance as I had with A. Percula hosting in E. Quadricolor. And, they did take to the E. Quadricolor.

Please keep posting guys if you have A. Percula hosting in S. Hadoni, and any other info. you all my have.

Cheers,
Scott

slimreb
07/14/2006, 10:29 AM
My pair of A. Percula have been hosting in my Green S. Haddoni every since I added it into my tank, that was roughly 1 1/2yrs ago. They took to that carpet as soon as I put it into the tank.

They left a perfectly healthy RBTA to host in that Haddon. I have even recently added a H. Magnifica (which is a natural host for A. Percula) and they have ignored it for the most part. The female A. Percula I have caught in the Magnifica but has always gone back to the Haddon.

OCDP
07/14/2006, 10:49 AM
Very cool.. thanks for your post slimreb.

isseym328
07/14/2006, 06:57 PM
My pair of onyx percs also prefer Haddoni over any other kind of anemone. But they are really rough with the haddonis so at the end I just gave them a rbta to play with.