PDA

View Full Version : Oh noes =(

xxxjwxxx
07/14/2006, 11:36 PM
My clown fish is attacking my Anthias... Is the anthias that much of a passive fish that makes the clownfish want to pick on him =(

Should I return the true percula?

It's in a 37 Gallon Tall

Thanks for your help in advance.

bertoni
07/15/2006, 12:47 AM
The Anthias is probably not suitable for that size tank, and the clown might not stop pestering until the Anthias is dead. I'd take the Anthias back, personally.

sir_dudeguy
07/15/2006, 02:13 AM
hmm...that seems kinda weird..all the clowns iv'e seen havent been aggressive...they defend their ground (or coral i should say) but they dont go chasing other fish...is there any way the anthias keeps goin by wherever the clown has his little spot? and is there another clown? if so, maybe they're breeding???

my guess tho, is that theres not enough space, or not enough hiding places...or both lol...and i dont think the anthias should be kept in that either...i agree w/bertoni all the way.

BTTRFLYGRL
07/15/2006, 06:36 AM
Depends on the Clownfish...Maroons, Tomatos can be quite brutal

I agree w/ Bertoni, take the Anthias back...its too small for that tank anyway...Most are schooling fish and require large tanks

xxxjwxxx
07/15/2006, 03:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7746827#post7746827 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BTTRFLYGRL
Depends on the Clownfish...Maroons, Tomatos can be quite brutal

I agree w/ Bertoni, take the Anthias back...its too small for that tank anyway...Most are schooling fish and require large tanks

Alright, ill see what I can do about bringing it back. It's such a pretty fish though =)

Sk8r
07/15/2006, 04:11 PM
The anthias requires a 6 foot tank and is fragile.

Clowns are one of the more aggressive fish in the ocean. If they were the size of sharks we'd be afraid to go in the water.

Ti
07/15/2006, 04:23 PM
i;ve had some mean false perculas.
all depends on the clown