PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Turbelle Stream 6060 on a 30 cube...?

flipteg
07/15/2006, 06:58 PM
i just posted another thread asking if the Vortech pump will be over kill for a 30 cube... it seems like the perfect pump and i really like one but it's just too much money...

i want to know if the Tunze 6060 will be too much for my tank... i am thinking that the Seio 1100 will be just right for my tank but the smallest Turbelle has a flow rate of 1600gph... i did one of those Maxi Jet mod on a 600... the flow is very good... it's just that it's not realiable at all... other than the sand storm of a too strong pump, the corals that i am really worried about are the frogspawn and hammer corals...

Salty Brother
07/15/2006, 08:21 PM
I reccomend getting 2 seio 820s, then put them on oppsite corners pointing in, this is what Im going to do on my tank. I think that the frogspawn and hammer would be ok if the are lower in the tank and the seios are at the top.
Does this help?

xtrstangx
07/15/2006, 08:26 PM
The 6060 shouldn't be too much., I'd definately get the 7091 controller with it though.

hopper
07/15/2006, 08:37 PM
The Tunze 6060 is not compatible with a controller and it will be wayyyy too much for a 30 cube. It only runs one speed and that is wide open. I have one on my 110 and it is nearly too much for it. I had to play with it for two days to get the flow to where it wouldn't knock stuff over or make a sandstorm. Tunze has a smaller powerhead for your type of setup that they just came out with. I don't know if it is even available yet. If you are interested, go to the vendor forums for Tunze here on RC. They have been talking about it a little there. If you can't find anything you can ask Roger for help and he will be more than glad to lead you in the right direction for your setup.

jmicky41
07/15/2006, 10:01 PM
Right, a 6060 is way too much. In my 5' 125H I use Tunze 2X 6000 on a controller and have to turn them down a little to avoid causing a sandstorm. With the 6000, you can throttle them down without using a controller. The 6060 is not adjustable or controllable.

xtrstangx
07/15/2006, 10:05 PM
Doh, I am stupid. It may be too much flow and you can't use it on a controller.

If you want a Tunze, I'd go for a 6000 with a 7091 controller. Otherwise Seio will work good.

You could always wait till later this fall when the nano Streams are released.

RichConley
07/15/2006, 11:05 PM
whats wrong with your maximod that its not reliable. Theyre pretty damn reliable in my oppinion.

flipteg
07/15/2006, 11:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7750870#post7750870 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
whats wrong with your maximod that its not reliable. Theyre pretty damn reliable in my oppinion.

i have a stop on the center brace... everytime starts up the wrong way, it would bounce up and down and never really spin... at first it was spinning the correct way, but then later on, it would just keep bouncing back and forth... then now, it would not even spin in the correct way anymore... it does spin the wrong way though...

i am thinking that i do not have enough holes on my casing... i made another one that is shorter and have way more holes than the first one i had... just waiting for the glue to set in... hopefully it would work now...

flipteg
07/16/2006, 02:21 AM
SUCCESS...!!! it is 4 in the morning and i just put my fixed Maxi-Jet mod and voila...! it works now...!!! i'm so happy...! i've spent so much time on this these past 2 days... i'm not a DIY kinda person, but i did it...! HAHAHA...

LBCBJ
07/16/2006, 05:13 AM
Why don't you wait for the Tunze Nanostreams to come out?

flipteg
07/16/2006, 05:35 AM
thanks for the replies everyone...
i am gonna wait for the Nanostreams... i just need something to hold me over till then... i like that pump cause it's supposed to come with a magnet mount too...