PDA

View Full Version : cleaning tank question

nutto
07/16/2006, 09:42 PM
Hi I had this 75 gal tank for 5 months now.my sand has some sediment on it I just want to know if you guy vacuum them out or should I get some kind of cleaning crew to clean them.I vacuum lot of sand out already I more there might be notthing left.any suggestion?:confused:

sir_dudeguy
07/16/2006, 10:02 PM
well, do you have any cleanup crew as of now? if not, you need to get one..they'll help clean up most of the stuff...i'd say you could go w/maybe 10 hermit crabs..some say they'll take fish cuz they're opportunistic...they are, but they're neither fast enough/strong enough to get fish from what i've seen of mine...i have the little ones (dont get the huge ones) but they just eat algae and waste/food...also, get a couple turbo snails..i think i saw where someone said 1 per 25 gals. of water...I'd also get about 10 nassarius snails. They will stay under the sand mostly and clean around in that. And also you could go w/a few cerith snails...

you dont wanna overdo it w/the cleanup crew tho, cuz if you get too many, they'll quickly eat everything and starve...

nutto
07/16/2006, 10:49 PM
i have every thing u said in there already but ther are still sediment any other critter u reccommend like star fish mayb??