PDA

View Full Version : Bleaching

masterqaz
07/16/2006, 09:46 PM
So heres my question. How would one bring back the former glory of a coral that has bleached some what. Is it possible or once the damage is done its done and you'll just have to live with it. I ask this because i have/had the nicest green open brain until for some somewhat none apparent reason it started to bleach. I say somewhat because my midas blenny kept laying on top of it in the folds and picking at the mouths which ejected a brown goo when the blenny picked. The only difference made to the hardware was some new bulbs in which i went from two 96watt 50/50's to 1 96watt 50/50, 1 96watt actinic and 2 new 65watt 50/50's. Which i dont think should have cause to much of a difference since i slowly acclimated it to the new lighting over a few weeks. Also that the bleaching didnt start till a few weeks after the new bulbs 1-1/2 months approx.

Dubbin1
07/16/2006, 11:50 PM
I would still blame the bleaching on the new lights. In time the color "should " come back in the brain.

masterqaz
07/16/2006, 11:52 PM
well i move the blenny out and it seems to be recovering slowly....very slowly. Though what was the brown stuff expelled from the brain?