Currently I have

LPS
Frogspawn
Torchcoral

Soft Corals
Zoo's
Mushrooms
Star Polyp

I want more LPS.. but fairly easy ones that don't require direct feeding...

Any suggestions?
Next on my List was a Hammer Coral and Candy Cane

I want to get more color in the tank...

150W Sunpod HQI
24" Deep

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Jeff@Tri-Point/FTS2.JPG

Thurge
07/17/2006, 07:40 AM
Hammer
Galaxia
Fox
bubble
Physogyra

xxxjwxxx
07/17/2006, 08:36 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7757298#post7757298 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Thurge
Hammer
Galaxia
Fox
bubble
Physogyra

I'm Unfamilar with the Fox and Physogyra.. Do they go under diffferent names?

marillion
07/17/2006, 08:54 AM
Any acanthastrea will do well in there, also. They can be placed on the bottom of the tank.

Peace,

Chip

stevedola
07/17/2006, 10:25 AM
he said he didnt want to feed...which in my opinion isnt a wise decision.

chalice corals are relatively easy corals and come in many bright varieties.

xxxjwxxx
07/17/2006, 10:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7758114#post7758114 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stevedola
he said he didnt want to feed...which in my opinion isnt a wise decision.

chalice corals are relatively easy corals and come in many bright varieties.

How hard is it to direct feed? I just don't have that much time to spare during the weekdays. I would like to keep feeding to the minimum... 2 - 3 times a week possibly.

xxxjwxxx
07/17/2006, 11:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7757603#post7757603 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by marillion
Any acanthastrea will do well in there, also. They can be placed on the bottom of the tank.

Peace,

Chip

Chip,
Would you put Acanthhastreas from middle towards the bottom of the tank? They wouldn't do well up at top huh?

Dubbin1
07/17/2006, 01:46 PM
The first thing you need to do is get that GSP off of your main rock work or you will be regretting it.

Forget the galaxia that was mentioned as it is a pretty aggressive coral with long sweepers.

Blaso's and zoas would really help color up the tank and you would not have to feed them. Chalice is another nice choice for color but they too are pretty aggressive. As Chip said, acans would do well. Some ricordia fld and ricordia yuma would also be a nice choice for color.

Oh and the acans would do well from the bottom to the middle.

xxxjwxxx
07/17/2006, 02:28 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7759468#post7759468 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
The first thing you need to do is get that GSP off of your main rock work or you will be regretting it.

Forget the galaxia that was mentioned as it is a pretty aggressive coral with long sweepers.

Blaso's and zoas would really help color up the tank and you would not have to feed them. Chalice is another nice choice for color but they too are pretty aggressive. As Chip said, acans would do well. Some ricordia fld and ricordia yuma would also be a nice choice for color.

Oh and the acans would do well from the bottom to the middle.

Do you recommend sitting the GSP at the bottom of the sand?

I love ricordia but it's so hard to find... Sigh looks like this tank is going to be a softies tank. I guess ill keep my 2 LPS + a hammer

Dubbin1
07/17/2006, 02:48 PM
Yes the GSP will be fine on the sand. I'm shocked that you LFS does not carry ricordia since its really not hard to get. Several LPS corals have been recommended so there is no reason to keep it a softy only tank.

Thurge
07/17/2006, 04:52 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7759161#post7759161
Fox coral

Physogyra is in the same family as the hammers, bubbles, etc.