PDA

View Full Version : Question on nanostreams. .

Teremei
07/17/2006, 04:31 PM
Hello. Ever since I first found out about the nanostreams (and what they can actually do and look like) I've made up my mind to get one on the each end of my tank. I am first thinking about the 6045, or maybe the 6055 and a tunze controller.

My question is. Can I put either one of those on my reefkeeper2 controller? (http://www.digitalaquatics.com) And if so what would be a "safe" interval of switching back and forth, on and off. Of how many minutes? I know they probably do not have the same start up problems as the SEIOS, but I was told to ask here about the nanostream compatibility with regular wave timers.

rvitko
07/18/2006, 09:41 AM
The best would be no more than 15minutes. They do make some noise on start up and their is a delay of 2-20 seconds. The voltage has to be between 120 and 130 ideally and it will start quickly with little noise but at lower voltages down to 98 it can take a while and chatter a lot before it starts. Past 134V it spins backwards. Basically as long as you don't have brown outs or low power and stick to 15min intervals it should be fine.

Teremei
07/18/2006, 12:36 PM
And how about the more advanced 6055 that is meant to be on a tunze controller? Does it have the same problems with other timers? How about with the tunze controller?

rvitko
07/18/2006, 12:41 PM
It of course would work perfectly with the Tunze controller and theoretically it shouldn't with a timer either but I haven't tested that nor has anyone else to my knowledge.

Edit: I meant it shouldn't have the chatter problem or delayed start with the timer. The electronic pumps have a computer system to keep them spinning the right way.

Teremei
07/18/2006, 12:51 PM
Oh ok great! Where I can I read more about the features of the multicontroller (I suppose this would be the one you reccomend for 2 pumps?) Like it's features and what type of flow rates and options it offers?