PDA

View Full Version : White Fuzz on True Percula Clown... What is it?

MeuserReef
07/17/2006, 09:41 PM
I know there is a forum for this very stuff but theres only like 3 people in there right now.. so.. Im posting in the high traffic area.

My ~1 Year old True Perc has developed a small area around his nose that appears like its turning white. Theres no spots anywhere on either of the tanks two inhabitants (the other is also a True Perc). The fish in question has been "bouncing" off of the bottom of the tank (barebottom) lately. I have pulled him out and am now slowly dropping the salinity in his hospital tank from 1.024 to around 1.018. I also added some Quick Cure to his water.

So, to all of you Pros; Does this sound like a good medication plan? Is 1.018 too low? How long should I keep him in Hypo bath?
Should I even drop the salinity?

I am relatively new to reefkeeping and this is my first time havng to play "Reef Doctor"

Any help would be really appreciated.

Peter Eichler
07/17/2006, 10:39 PM
Well, it's most likely not a parasite if it looks like fuzz. What you're doing right now might help with a parasitic infection but no as much with something bacterial or fungal. Medicated foods sometimes work but most often the root is poor water quality and cure is better water quality.

How healthy do the rest of your inhabitants look, have you tested the parameters in your tank lately?

ablazinob
07/17/2006, 10:47 PM
not sure what it is