PDA

View Full Version : Oh no my Skunk Cleaner is Gone!

LazyD
07/18/2006, 12:06 PM
Hmm, so right now im a bit frustrated....

Ive had this Skunk cleaner for about 6 months, he was doing well, hes molted probably around 3 or 4 times that I have seen. Anyway, over the course of the last few days I havent seem him, I can usually spot his tentacles/whiskers even when he his hiding in my rockwork. At first I figured he was molting cause he tends to go into hiding when he molts. But its been around 4 days now that I havent seen him, I havent torn my rock apart but I wanted to get some opinions...

My other livestock is:
4" Diamond Goby
3" Tomato Clown
6" White Cheek Tang
Peppermint Shrimp
Turbo Snails, Astreas as well
Random small hermits, a few have taken small astrea shells

Thats it livestock wise, I have a nice amount of pods and bristleworms cruisin around my tank.

Do you think any of my livestock would have eaten him, just out of being hungry, or even if he was hiding while he was molting someone could have eaten him, or maybe he is still molting? anyone?

tomas
07/20/2006, 10:31 AM
How warm has your tank been? The same thing happened to my skunk and I believe he was lost to rise in temp of my tank.

Krazy
07/20/2006, 12:07 PM
funny I seen this post..

I had a pair of skunk's, they were both there yesterday...

Today only 1 is around, I looked all over and see no whiskers or dead carcus...

if he died woudnt I ate least see part of him somewhere's ??

they've both been inthe tank for about a month and were paired up...

LazyD
07/21/2006, 04:10 PM
Yea really, I havent seen a molt or carcass or anything, I mean, I have hermit crabs, a pretty healthy amount of bristleworms so I guess if my Skunk cleaner died they could have him cleaned up pretty quickly...

tomas: None that I saw/felt at least, nothing changed in my tank so i cant imagine what it would be...

Krazy
07/21/2006, 08:34 PM
well 1 went MIA, I've got enough worms,crabs,etc that I guess it went hoo-dini in a couple hrs time... (yikes)

PRESTO2345
07/21/2006, 08:38 PM
Them crabs will do it to you every time.