PDA

View Full Version : Looking for grazers that eat Bryospis and Enteromorpha

LBCBJ
07/19/2006, 07:35 PM
Anyone know of any inverts that eat either one of these algae?

AquaReeferMan
07/19/2006, 07:43 PM
Lettuce Nudibranch will eat bryospis.

Emster
07/19/2006, 08:14 PM
Yes, but you have to cover the power heads intake if you have them. I have had them in my tank and they did eat it but I have heard that some kinds wont.

Avi
07/19/2006, 08:37 PM
I've heard it claimed that Sally Lightfoot Crabs will sometimes eat briopsis, but I never observed it when there had been briopsis in my reef at one time. Better skimming, higher flow and more water changes got rid of it.

masterqaz
07/19/2006, 09:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7775939#post7775939 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Avi
I've heard it claimed that Sally Lightfoot Crabs will sometimes eat briopsis, but I never observed it when there had been briopsis in my reef at one time. Better skimming, higher flow and more water changes got rid of it. The only problem with sally's are that they get big and unless you get a female they will likely start to eat your fish.

King-Kong
07/20/2006, 05:30 AM
I second the lettuce nudibranch and the powerhead requirements.

They dont seem to actually eat ALL of the bryopsis, however; just the leafy top. So you'll end up with shaved fields of bryopsis.

Aggressive water changes, detritus management, manual removal, lettuce nudibranchs, high pH, doliatus/virgatus rabbitfish, and finally TIME allowed me to "beat" my bropsis.

PrangeWay
07/20/2006, 05:36 AM
Twice I've had the real mexican turbo's (with ridges on shells) eat it when all the algae was gone.