PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Coral Questions????

menzies2901
07/20/2006, 01:56 AM
1. Can this coral eat fish

2. My clown Tang has dissapeared, i have checked everywhere i have even removed the LR. I have check the sides of the tank and nothing to be found.

My tank has 2 returns (to which it would not be able to pass through it) and 1 supply 2 coral banded shrimp 3 chromis a Kole Tang, blue tang, lipstick tang and a yellow tang. As far as i know none of the inhabitates eat fish.

Blown 346
07/20/2006, 04:29 AM
1. Yes it can, if the fish can fit in the bubbles mouth. But that is really rare, 99% of the time the only way this would happen is if the fish is dying or is dead and lands on it.

2. If you have a decent cleanup crew, they can polish off a fish in no time.
Plus the bubble coral would be closed up for quite some time to ingest the whole fish.

Is the tank topless? or does it have tops? If not it could have easily been startled and jumped out. If you have animals they will think of it as a treat or a toy.

mzeinstr
07/20/2006, 04:56 AM
with all those tangs, maybe they were beating up on each other and one was killed. if it was being harassed, it may be in a cave or hole in the live rock??? i don't think that 2 CBS could clean up a body before you noticed it.

normally tangs do not get along well with other tangs.

marti

akrimmel
07/20/2006, 11:22 AM
tangs can be the bully's for sure