PDA

View Full Version : spider web looking stuff??

coltsfan80
07/20/2006, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I am a new member to this site, as I am new to the hobby of saltwater. My tank has been set up for almost 4 months now and I noticed today I have this spider web looking stuff swaying in the water off of one of my rocks...any idea as to what it could be????

kraze3
07/20/2006, 04:08 PM
look up vermatid snails, i think thats how you spell it. Search for them on google, they produce webs it may be what your seeing

kraze3
07/20/2006, 04:09 PM
AND

[welcome]

coltsfan80
07/20/2006, 04:18 PM
yep that is what it looks like...from what I read, it appears this is a bad thing?? also I have noticed in the recent weeks, I have this venice flytrap looking things on a couple of my rocks and also a green bubble...any clue as to what those are? As you can tell I am learning all of this stuff:)

kraze3
07/20/2006, 04:28 PM
the Vermatid snail is a good thing I think. I dont think its bad at all. I guess it could get ugly looking if the cobwebs are everywhere

The bubble could be bubble algea. If so dont pop it, try to siphon it out.

Im not sure about the venus flytrap, some one else may be able to help you there. In the meantime check these sites for some hitchhiker pics

http://melevsreef.com/id/

http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm

coltsfan80
07/20/2006, 04:40 PM
wow, cool ...thanks...I definatly have a few of those critters in there...all good...so thats a good thing :) I am glad there is a place like this where new members to this hobby can come to get help...I have read several books, and talked to different people at supposably reputable lfs and I have all read and been told different things...it can be confusing, I really appreciate the help!!

kraze3
07/20/2006, 04:47 PM
Anytime. Theres tons of people here to help with any problems you may have. Many have different methods and different opinions but thats not a bad thing. Just tons more information and ideas for you and your tank! :D Good Luck!

demonsp
07/20/2006, 05:09 PM
wow thanks i saw these on my tank this morning,my tanks is 4 weeks young and i know coming here would help just not this fast.