PDA

View Full Version : Remora Injector adjusment??

JeRmZ
07/20/2006, 05:02 PM
My Remora has been running for about 5 days now and while it's building some nice dark froth at the top of the chamber, it doesn't seem to be building enough to push it all the way out and into the collection cup ...

Do I need to adjust the injector screw or anything? I have the cup set about mid way right now, but I can raise and lower it if needed. I didn't know if adjusting that screw would make a difference ... so I thought I'd better ask first?

Thanks,
Jermz

LBCBJ
07/20/2006, 05:07 PM
No, don't mess with that until it needs cleaning. Lower the cup

JeRmZ
07/20/2006, 05:11 PM
LBCBJ ... you are right on top of things! Thanks bro!

I will lower the cup a little more until it starts skimming a little to wet and then pull it back up just a bit correct?
I opened the collection cup and smelled the foam that was stuck to the underside of the lid and WHEW ... that stuff stinks!

LBCBJ
07/20/2006, 06:06 PM
There's nothing wrong with wet skimmate IMO, as I prefer to overskim rather than under. One important tip for you - make sure you keep the rise tower (the neck/tower on the cup) cleam and free of buildup, if not you will get little or no skimmate. I get the best results by cleaning mine 2-3 times a week....a little annoying, but at least it keeps it skimming. The Remoras like to collect buildup in the tower and on the underside of the top. It makes a great alternative to your morning cup of coffee :lol:

mrkrispy
07/20/2006, 07:29 PM
if it has only 5 days you got time, takes a few weeks to slime up first...

Once you get good skimming clean the cup frequently too (needed much more than the tower).

Mekong
07/20/2006, 07:38 PM
In my experiance, the remoras are underpowered. I used a mag3 on my remora and a mag7 on my pro, they worked perfectly and I had the cup set just about 2cm lower than the top.