PDA

View Full Version : Tank on order - Stocking list

bushwick
07/25/2006, 02:19 AM
Hi All,

New tank is on order. I have decided with the below dimensions for my FO tank with remote DSB / Fuge.

96 long, 36 wide, 18 high

Stocking list idea as below.

1x Med clown trigger
1x Med picasso trigeer
1 x med adult emperor angel
1 x med adult blue face angel
1 x med adult navarcus angel
1 x med lip stick tang
1 x med sohol tang

Tank will have limited LR. Planning on running a recirculating needle wheel skimmer with ozone. Will run Phosban as will to keep PO4 down. Lighting will either be 4 x 70W halides or NO fluros....any ideas on this.

Cheers

Monkeyfish
07/25/2006, 07:25 AM
I'd go with the Clown OR Picasso trigger, but not both. If you do decide to get both purchase small juveniles and introduce them at the same time.

thor32766
07/25/2006, 06:53 PM
sounds like sweet tank, even though i am a huge fan of tangs, i wouldnt do a shoal, every one i have been around are just plain nasty. other wise going to be a beautiful tank

bushwick
07/25/2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the responses so far....

Whats your thoughts on lighting.... 4 x 70W metal halides or NO fluros?

Cheers
Che

Monkeyfish
07/25/2006, 07:13 PM
More light = more algae. The MH will really bring out the fishes' colors and create a nice shimmer effect in the water, but will also produce a lot of heat and use a lot of electricity. Really depends on your budget and personal taste for the fish that you mentioned above.

bushwick
07/25/2006, 07:29 PM
I will be using 14K astralux globes and they are fairly blue (not too blue though). I will only put these on for 6 hours a day. Remaining time will have a fluro on (while i'm not around)

With the light deing fairly blue i don't think algae will be such a massive problem as limited Red spectrum. Planning on keeping my PO4 and NO3 as close to zero. Will be going Vodka method.

Cheers
Che