PDA

View Full Version : DAM-sels

UH_OH_5_OH
07/25/2006, 09:35 AM
and how do I remove a blue damsel from my tank...?

I put it among some green chromis to cycle the tank and now I want out so I can get the Flasher Wrasses I fell in love with.

So....other than tearing apart my ref or a fishing line and a hook
....how do I get it out of there...?

jerehmy
07/25/2006, 09:38 AM
be very very quite, im hunting damsels ha ha ha ha ha ha!

any way you can! Try leaving a net in the tank for a few hrs then when the tank is dark try and blind him with a flashlight and blam.

Fishy Business
07/25/2006, 09:43 AM
Try getting a large net and get some food that will float on top. Just make slow motions with the net to get close and then WAM.

Good luck. :blown:

Safir
07/25/2006, 10:04 AM
put some food on teh surface, and when they come up to eat it scoop them out with the net - quickly - they will try to scatter when teh net hits the water.

or drain a lot of the water out

Fishy Business
07/25/2006, 10:17 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7809523#post7809523 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Safir
put some food on teh surface, and when they come up to eat it scoop them out with the net - quickly - they will try to scatter when teh net hits the water.

or drain a lot of the water out

Draining the water does help!!!

sir_dudeguy
07/25/2006, 10:32 AM
haha, if you've read any of my posts on damsels, you'd know that i hate them..mostly because of this lol. I had 4 in my 55, and i tried EVERYTHING! i even tried renting a fish trap from the lfs..the only thing that worked was taking out ALL the rock lol...oh well, i found a missing mushroom in the process so i'm kinda glas actually.

UH_OH_5_OH
07/25/2006, 10:48 AM
I think a Mysis shrimp looking fly fishing lure will be on my TO BUY list.