PDA

View Full Version : Pink Lemonade, Pink Floyd, OJ Simpson

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/25/2006, 09:06 PM
I have collected Micros for 2 years and many of you are far more knowledgeable than I so I ask to see if any of you purchased the Michael Bae / ReefFarmers Pink Lemonade, Pink Floyd or OJ Simpson??? What colors have you ever been able to see with them because the frags that I received 6 months ago from Michael Look NOTHING like he or Reef Farmers advertises? Greatly misrepresented... I have Been told by Michael to immerse them in Stronium dips / Iodine dips/ and that my lighting is all wrong.... He has lead me in a continued circle of "Oh they just morph into different things" BS But no lighting I can think of will make them look the way the sales pics look. OK So I still think they are beautiful micros, they just are NOT what I paid for...

I requested some colony pics from Reef Farmers and have received no Response and Also from Michael but he never seems to be able to come up with anything but these sales pictures?? Michael Bae Was communicating with me telling me more things wrong with the morphing of these colonies and told me that if I would buy some more from him that he would give me free frags... Upon telling him that I did not wish to purchase additional frags he has ceased communications with me. Very reputable Reef Keepers tell me that these Micros were Bleached to obtain these colors and that it simply is bad business? :(

80 Gallon / 2X 250 watt Radium 20K MH with 4 X 110watt VHO

Does anyone have any pics of their colonies of these morphs? I would really like to see if ANYONE has a coloniy that even partially resembles what these people are pushing???

ADVERTISED Pink Lemonade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/doctor64776/pinklemonadesmall.jpg

REAL Pink Lemonade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/doctor64776/normal_PinkLemonadeTreatedEditedClo.jpg

ADVERTISED Pink Floyd
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/doctor64776/pinkmicrosmall.jpg

REAL Pink Floyd
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/doctor64776/normal_PinkFlyodTreatedEClose.jpg

ADVERTISED OJ Simpson
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/doctor64776/ojsmall.jpg

REAL OJ Simpson
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/doctor64776/OJSimpsonEClose.jpg

Underwaterparadise
07/25/2006, 09:24 PM
IME corals can morph into different colors depending on conditions. I have a coral that is purple in one tank and bright green in another.

As for those pics yours look better IMO. The so called "sales" pics look like corals starving for light to me. my advise is to never expect a coral to look like it does in a pic. I always find myself taking pics saying damn tha t looks better then the coral itself ;)

Underwaterparadise
07/25/2006, 09:30 PM
also another thing I noticed is your pics are fully expanded polyps, the others are retracted and can show a little different coloring

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/25/2006, 09:33 PM
Thank You Maddness :) I dooooo really love the micros they are JUST soooo Different than what was advertised I felt "Scammed"... Order a Cadillac and walk away with a Lincoln. I too have micros that look differently under different lighting and in different tanks just not this drastically I really think that these were perhaps Bleached? or had some other "UNNATURAL" LOL alterations

Underwaterparadise
07/25/2006, 09:35 PM
Yes but the cadilac isn't 12 different colors ;)

I doubt Tyree would alter his photo's at all if he is personally taking them. He is an honest cat IMO

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/25/2006, 09:35 PM
Yes,

Michael had me soak the Micros in Stronium and Iodine to room temps to get them to pull in but really the colors were still the same just retracted :(

Excellent point though

Underwaterparadise
07/25/2006, 09:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7814565#post7814565 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by doctor64776
Yes,

Michael had me soak the Micros in Stronium and Iodine to room temps to get them to pull in but really the colors were still the same just retracted :(

Excellent point though

Never heard of a stronium dip but I do know stronium levels need maintained in the tank or it could cause polyp bailout in acans/micros

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/25/2006, 09:40 PM
Yes Tyree = Honest cat

But also probably Michael = Honest Cat.... Just when these pictures were taken the micros had been.... "Altered" Tyree was supposedly given this colony by Michael... I would really love to see the colony now? after the Bleach has worn off... I politely requested pics but have gotten no response... I bet Tyree is a busy guy :)

I dont even think that Michael did it to them I bet they came into the country this way

My Issue I guess is that these pictures are still being used to sell these corals... These pictures cant be matched Because probably the colonies do not look this way anymore... They look like my colonies

John Kelly
07/25/2006, 10:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7814331#post7814331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by doctor64776

-I have Been told by Michael............that my lighting is all wrong.

-But no lighting I can think of will make them look the way the sales pics look.

-Very reputable Reef Keepers tell me that these Micros were Bleached to obtain these colors and that it simply is bad business[/IMG]
I know absolutely nothing about micros specifically, but to me it looks like bleached coloration due to too strong of lighting. Maybe that is why your "lighting is all wrong"? Yours isn't strong enough to bleach them out.
Plus, in the ADVERTISED photos, the polyps look all drawn in and stressed. In the REAL photos they look inflated and healthy.

mummra100769
07/25/2006, 10:58 PM
your pics look like the healthy version of those micros...and they are really nice btw.

Orochimaru
07/25/2006, 11:02 PM
corals are nice but all the names are getting rediculous. :)

Justin74
07/25/2006, 11:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7815083#post7815083 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tetra
corals are nice but all the names are getting rediculous. :)

Agreed :/

Btw, what the hell did OJ do to get a coral named after him:confused:

-Justin

tacocat
07/26/2006, 02:18 AM
Yeah, they looked bleached in the sales pic. They always have IMO. Still, I think your "after" pics look a ton better, especially that Pink Lemonade.

The OJ however.......I bet the real OJ is out there, and you sould never stop looking. :D

racerw
07/26/2006, 04:39 AM
I also bought the Pink Floyd which looks exactly like yours. I know I have read somewhere that alot of the pinks will turn red.

When I received the Pink Floyd it did not even look Michaels pictures. Non the less your pictures make the corals look much better IMO.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/26/2006, 06:01 AM
Thanks alot for the compliments guys... I agree they are really nice micros :) I would really still like to get some Yellow ringed Pink mouthed morphs LOL I prob should not have started the thread with a frowny face BUT instead used a Questioning face. You all have valid points :)

It is good to hear another reefer that bought the morph has ended up with the same color pattern and that it is not just me :) I would stilll really like to see some pics of colonies

scott058
07/26/2006, 06:25 AM
[/QUOTE]
Plus, in the ADVERTISED photos, the polyps look all drawn in and stressed. In the REAL photos they look inflated and healthy. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with John Kelly, Yours look better so if it was me I would be happy

neyugn0w01
07/26/2006, 10:01 AM
Looking at the pictures, it is obvious that the BEFORE pictures are bleached out micros. The AFTER pictures are more then likely the color of the morph. They look better, but still they are not what you paid for them.
Looking back, I believe when these micros and some red lords were coming into the market, they were being pass on as pink, when they were indeed a bleach/starving red.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/26/2006, 11:15 AM
Thats really what I think now .... But when I bought them I was just too lamer to know that . I thought that I was buying Pink,,,, Pink and yellow rimmed and even orange frags

Caveat Emptor

Both sellers are still useing those photos for sales though and that is just .... well

Fraudulent and Misleading

organism
07/26/2006, 11:31 AM
I think what it comes down to is, are they being advertised as "pink when bleached under high lighting" or "pink"? because to me, while it's in the eye of the beholder as to which one looks "better" or which ones "may look like that under certain lighting", those are certainly not the advertised micros, and are undoubtedly not worth what they're being sold for. come on guys, let's be reasonable here, if you bought a pink micro, and it turned red, you didn't buy a pink micro, you bought a fraudulently advertised red micro, no matter if it's nicer or not. If it was me, I'd be really, really ****ed. also, all this talk of those vendors being "honest", you know what honest people would do? They'd post pics of how the micros look under regular reef lighting and unstressed, that way people can decide whether to buy their (in my opinion) overpriced red micros or not, because honest people aren't out to make a buck selling corals that 9 times out of 10 will look completely different once they go back to their non stressed colors, corals that, in all probability, look nothing like that even in those vendors tanks anymore

just my 2 cents...

seshapir
07/26/2006, 12:06 PM
I can't speak for the other two but the pink floyd I have looks pretty much the same as your picture. (red instead of pink)

calero
07/26/2006, 12:11 PM
i agree completely with organism and about the names and limited edition, thats b... because who can garantee that the fishermen out there are not gonna find some huge colonies of the pink floyd, o.j or whatever funny names, what then ? are they no longer L.E.,
c'mon guys, thats all market tools to increase the prices, they are beautiful corals and no doubt they are not common but those sellers dont build the corals so who can guarantee me that i have a L.E and tomorrow the market is not gonna be full of the same s..., and about the misleading in colors you just have to look in ebay, sometimes is really offensive. ok guys have fun.

enrique

DonavonsReef
07/26/2006, 12:18 PM
Purple Lemonade,
Red Floyd,
Blue J Simpson

Never buy Micros when all you have to go by is a picture with retracted polyps, the color will always look more intense.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/26/2006, 01:00 PM
LOL Love the new names :)

I am still kinda chuckling I sent this post to Michael Bae to get his input... Maybe he could post some pics of what his corals mother colonies actually look like LOL With todays Newspaper in the background ah Hhahahaha.
It is good to hear that the others who were scammed in this have colonies that look the same as mine.... Pretty but not at all like the pictures... I really knew that it wasnt just my lighting / tank ect... My other micros vary some with lighting and mood but not like this

I totally support MARKETING new names, hype and all of that. It is a part of any hobby LOL Nascar, Baseball ect .... But when you hype you should still be honest <---- there is the key to hype

Thanks guys/gals for the input and responses

organism
07/26/2006, 01:16 PM
lol, actually I was thinking the same thing, get a picture of the colony, in a tupperware container, with the day's paper on the bottom, that way no one can shop in an old picture, since I doubt they'd have taken an old one in tubberware... either way it's a moot point, there will be no colony pictures, because the micros obviously don't look like that anymore, if they ever did for longer than a few weeks, and it's in the "honest" vendors' best interest to keep the original pictures in order to be able to get pink micro prices for red micros

Bcollins111900
07/26/2006, 01:47 PM
the names people come up for corals now days, I am not sure to shake my head in disgust with the names they are given or the people who give them the names. I have Ridicoulous Ruby Red Acan Lord with Green Meanie Stripes, oh I am aksing a bazillion dollars a head so if interested PM me. They are nice micros but everyone now days seems to care more about the name given to the coral rather than what it looks like.

oddballs
07/26/2006, 02:05 PM
i know okiebones has 2 of these morphs. the floyds andthe lemonade and they are about the same as yours are!!they are not the advertised colors AT ALL!!i think the original pics were bleached corals just my 2 cents!i agree that this name = dollar thing is out of control!!

DonavonsReef
07/26/2006, 02:21 PM
Wasen't this thread just closed (LOL)! Who cares if people like to give there color morphs funny little names..Big deal. The Zoa people sure do seem to be having fun with it . It's a whole different ball game when you get a coral that is pic misrepresented. After looking at the pic of the Pink Lemonade is that even the same coral as the one belowe it? I mean the original is Pink & yellow the second pic is Red, Purple, teal with green eyes???

microbubbles
07/26/2006, 03:46 PM
I've been to Mike Be's house and I've seen these corals in person- he lives about a mile or two away from me. I know he got 86'ed here a long time ago and he's trying to get back. In my experince, he is a pretty staright shooter and isn't the type to screw people. when I saw the pink floyd and pink lemonade, they were fully open and the colors looked pretty close to the ones on frags.og. he had them under purple vho's at the time, way up high in the rockwork. I will call him and see if I can get a reply and pictures.

organism
07/26/2006, 03:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7819043#post7819043 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DonavonsReef
After looking at the pic of the Pink Lemonade is that even the same coral as the one belowe it? I mean the original is Pink & yellow the second pic is Red, Purple, teal with green eyes???

That's the sad part, they are the same exact coral for sure, but guess which pic gets more $$ per polyp...

organism
07/26/2006, 03:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7819628#post7819628 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
I will call him and see if I can get a reply and pictures.

personally, I'd believe nothing less that proveably recent pictures, but that's just me ;)

microbubbles
07/26/2006, 04:26 PM
Why don't we wait and let the guy reply? let's give the guy a chance to speak before assembling the lynch mob, huh? I left a message about 30 minutes ago. Anf again, let me be clear when I say I've seen the corals on more than one occasion when buying other frags.

microbubbles
07/26/2006, 04:27 PM
and I'll see if I can take the pics myself then.

microbubbles
07/26/2006, 06:14 PM
this was emailed to me from mike earlier today:

well, i don't know what to say other than CORALS CAN CHANGE COLOR, PEOPLE. it is nothing new. take the purple monster- in some cases, it is pure purple and looks absolutley lovely. the owner will get many requests for a frag, and by the time the same frag (which has 100% of the same genetic material as the parent colony) finds its way into another's tank... whethre it be immediately or several months down the line... the coral can be almost toally brown. does it mean it's not a purple monster? you people have been in this hobby long enough to know that nothing is absolute in terms of color/morphology. i went through 2 tank crashed from the time i received these micromussas and they have gone through several changes within my own tanks... but today, they pretty freaking similar to the day they got them. i have them in a 90gallon with approx 200watts or actinic vho's and i've found them most conducive in bringing back the colors i had when i received them. i know i make a point of mentioning this to each and every person who buys a frag.
now, let me give you a quick break down on what happens during the fragging process- the micros (pink floyd and pink lemonade in particular) tend to excrete/expell xooanthellae once i dremel them away from the mother colonies. it's a stressful process. what that means is, they lose the very thing that gives them these unique colors. however, the loss is not permanent and the colors eventually return in a matter of weeks or short while beyond that. also, the shipping process causes considerable stress as well. this gentleman went ahead and threw them under halides (400watters, if i remember correctly?) and to me... that wasn't the smartest move. he emailed me several months after the fact and then stated the corals no longer look anything like what he remembers, and sends me pictures. with the exception of the oj (which looks like it took a terrible turn and possibly never recovered from the stress, in my opinion), i told him, although they've shifted considerably, they do look great (given the circumstances). i explained to him what kind of lights will bring about the same colors and what he can do to get them back there. i extended an earnest apology and made a point to offer some form of reparations when he began to attempt to strongarm me to send him free packages on my dime and throwing idle threats and wild accusations at me. then he goes ahead to try to crap on my name on frags.org and cries to you guys on rc.
in the case of the piece of work who started this thread- when he received his corals, they were exceptionally stressed. i recommended the lugols and strontium dip because he informed me that the corals were receeding and looked like they were not staying entirely attached to their skeleton. once again, stress. i recommended placing the corals under actinic lights to recover and
with that said, i have received a 2 or 3 notices from former buyers about color shift... and while i am sorry, i know what corals are in my tank, and i'm fully aware of the fact that colors change under different lighting schemes and different water parameters. i have experimented w/ all of these colonies in 3 different tanks in my home, and on several instances they have taken on personalities of their own. however, when returned to the tank with the vho's they have eventually regained their original coloration. and when i send them out, i send out the ones that sit under the vho's because that's what people are expecting. in anycase, becasue of the high dollar amount and the unusually volatile nature i've heard of the pink lemonade taking in other tanks, i have not sold a frag in months, despite many inquiries each week.
when i get home, i will take pictures of my pink lemonade and pink floyd so you people can see for yourself what it looks like in my tank. actualyl check that. I will take them in front of microbubbles and send them along with him, w/o resizing. or if he prefers, he can take the photos himself.
and Organism- do you know me? what's w/ the personal vendetta to attempt to villify me? i know you and i got the micros from the same place and maybe what YOU ended up with was bleached, but maybe that's something you should take up w/ the supplier, instead of this passive aggressive displacement, and trying to make me look bad? or maybe you're speaking on his behest? or maybe by knocking another seller of micromussa, maybe you think it'll ramp up your own business? either way, i implore you reefers on RC to look at motives instead of taking their statsments for face value.
Mike Bae

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/26/2006, 06:39 PM
Micheal,
Great to hear from you again LOL.

Your good name will be all put right... Your current pictures of these colonies will prove all of us to be wrong... Have you read the posts of others whose colonies look just as mine do? I also have recieved PMs from more who do not wish to enter this frey. I look forward to seeing the pictures of the current colonies as I have so many times requested...(Please as Miguel requested Use the Tupperware symbol to identify them as current) Your version of our contact is actually quite similar to mine just from your clouded perception... I actually Identified you as a stright shooter earlier in this post just misguided by some old pictures... I do believe that they may have looked like this after treatments prior to you recieving them but you continue to use these pics to sell your wares. Yes on your dime... You took me for $630.00 and continue to misrepresent at least 3 over priced micros that in no way will ever appear as the pictures unless they are treated in some Unnatural way. Most of us here fully understand "excrete/expell xooanthellae" we also understand lighting and shipping stress...This is one reason that I waited for them to heal after shipping as you had requested. You state " and when i send them out, i send out the ones that sit under the vho's because that's what people are expecting." I contacted you the very day they arrived because they were in no way anything close to what you had promised LOL I thought that you had shipped me the wrong package. I have been in contact with you both before and after the sale when they arrived so unhealthy and then continued contact with you guiding me in the many ways to restore that unique color combination. My contact with you was not out of the blue but simply following up as you had guided me to do... or perhaps forget to do? In many cases of slight color shifts yours is a rational explaination... EXCEPT in this case where the only real resemblance is possibly morphology but in no way does color bring creedance to these pictures... My lighting is as it always has been 2X250MH X4 hrs per day with actinics 4X110 VHO 11 hours per day... this is definitly more light than you have them under but as you requested I also had moved them to my PC tank for 3months which was only 90watts of PC 12 hours per day

You got me :) But I'll work hard to see that others do not fall prey... Better Idea why not just use accurate and current pictures that actually resemble the coral that you are selling as other reputable sources do. Your Micros are actually quite stunning in thier own right, just sell them for what they are ;) NOT Pink, Orange, Yellow

John Kelly
07/26/2006, 07:57 PM
I think part of the problem is that buyers and sellers alike, either don't know, don't care, or get confused as to what a healthy and a beautiful coral is. The 3 ADVERTISED photos posted at the beginning of this thread contain images of corals whose colors may appear "beautiful", but are they "healthy" colors?
Maybe there are absolutes to coral coloration...........
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7820654#post7820654 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
you people have been in this hobby long enough to know that nothing is absolute in terms of color/morphology.
Mike Bae

Justin74
07/26/2006, 07:58 PM
This is all alot of blowing smoke and splitting hairs. Yes we all know stress will make them expell there xoozanthella and lighting presents different color intensities within said coral, but why keep and advertise pictures of corals in that state?It would make sense to say "and this is what it will look like when its shipped to you.."and post that yellow and pink color. But those are MAJOR color shifts.

This is getting to be all to common of a practice im learning through my own experiences as well regarding online purchases of corals. I too was in a very similar boat.Bought a coral becuase of the blues,purples, and reds and green and got lavender and mint.Hmm maybe we should trade doctor64776 :lol2:

Bottom line,Im looking at a very stressed micro thats pink and yellow, but the healthy version shares no coralation. Dont take pics of stressed corals and name them accordingly to there most stressed state.Wait till they plump up and appear to be healthy then name it if you must to a true account of the colors of the coral.

I can completely relate to your frustration as like I said its happend to me.

Take this for example:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/Justin1974/RMDF_Lept_pruin_navel.jpg

Almost makes your mouth water doesnt it? Well, it did mine. Enough to buy it.

Here it is in my tank:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/Justin1974/Leptastrea-1.jpg

Big difference eh?You may say well Justin, you know how different lights will yadda yadda...And this pic is from another online vendor who actually took a true account of the same coral I have and have seen in other tanks with different lighting which amazingly have a similar appearance to mine:
http://www.fragglereef.com/zen/bmz_cache/d/d3fd9c654408ea332d09c9339d2dff62.image.199x133.JPG

Point is, look at the dang pics yourselves guys. Stop the sensationalism! This will only help the community as a whole and stop the animosity and everyone will be happy. Trust me, if the pic the doc posted was on a websight for selling is it that hard to believe that people wouldnt be buying it up anyway?Cmon now ;)

-Justin

microbubbles
07/26/2006, 08:06 PM
hey doctor4776...
why don't we hold off on basically calling people a thief until we get some pictures huh? i'm setting something up with the guy now. you seem pretty hell bent on making a guy look bad who can't speak for himself. just wait it out. and i'll make sure i'll put today's paper or something in the pic... just like kidnapping proofs of life :P i have no idea what the heck my tupperware trick is.
just take a back seat and let's try to get to the bottom of this.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/26/2006, 08:33 PM
Micro Bubbles :) Its all cool
Let me actually emphasize That I do not believe that Mr. Bae is a thief... He sent me some very nice corals... they are simply misrepresented.
If I had my way in a perfect world he would continue selling his morphs... Just with pictures of what the corals actually look like or I guess at least similar. I understand color shifts and lighting that is acceptable, even normal when we purchase corals simply by a picture... But these shifts are simply not natural and we all can see this. I really had not wanted this to become a bash session. What I did want was to Firstly, bring light to this subject and get Mr. Bae to respond to my issue and concerns Secondly, to see if others had had the same experience with these morphs, in this wish my vindication has been a success. I do respect your desire to defend a friend or aquiantance as you have and I anxiously await the photos that you are assisting in acquiring for all of us.

CaptainPicard
07/26/2006, 10:04 PM
Dude, i was almost one of the victims of Michael Bae, when i finally told him why i wont be buying it (fellow reefers told me to avoid at all costs) he started cursing at me and sending me nasty emails of which i still have... We will never get to see those pictures, microbubbles, in the last post were you reiterated Mr. Bae (Avedis) you said pictures should be up soon, its been a few hours, no pictures...

Is he toying around in photoshop? I mean you would need a couple of hours with that software to get Mr. Bae's "old" pictures to look like the "new" one's he is about to (hopefully) take. So i will take a back seat with the doctor and wait and see your so called proof, and i will know if it was modified, if the picture is taken in the tank please be sure to take a picture of rocks/coraline/other corals just to make sure there are no color adjustments...

diddye
07/26/2006, 11:12 PM
I inquired about his micros once buy decided against it b/c I didn't have the $$$. But anyways, I always like to see my corals in person before buying to avoid such problems. it'll also cut down on stress from shipping. I know a lot of people live far away from reefers so thats their only choice. I guess i'm lucky i live in so. cal.

Snprhed
07/26/2006, 11:26 PM
Donovans reef alluded to the fact that they were deflated, a friend in the biz says that its common practice to wave a hand over them, and lords. As they draw in the colors get more intense. Anemones are similar. I think this acounts for the not so hot look of the originals, just not the bleaching/coloration issues.

mummra100769
07/27/2006, 12:54 AM
how about pics? that would really clear this up. i bet they look more like the docs do than the original pics posted.

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 03:46 AM
i just got back from mike's place, after hanging out for a couple hours and you guys aren't going to believe this.
you ready?
when i called again later today mike was pretty distraught. he told me his tank holding almost all of his acan lords and micromussas crashed. TODAY. i went over to confirm and wow, it was terrible. his water was 94 degrees and the culprit wasn't a blackout. it was his DOG. this puppy english bulldog chewed the hell out of the power cord of the chiller and everything in his tank was stripped to the skeleton and hanging by mere filaments. every single polyp. i've been through a tank crash, but just considering the dollar amount here, it was one of the worst things i've seen yet in terms of reeftanks. give me a little bit and let me get the pics out of my camera, hosted and linked to rc. btw, any of you SOB's who are thinking "serves you rights" or "bad things happen to bad peoples" or "good riddances"- from the bottom of my heart, i hope you guys are next- because of all the jerk reefers that i've met, mike was one of the few that i'd actually want to hang out and have a few beers with and just talk shop. not to mention that he had a habit of pulling out the dremel and cutting me free frags after beer 6 or 7.:) because seriously, it seems to me that a lot of you people look for the worst in people and really need a hug or something.

Captainpicard- i just read all your correspondences w/ mike and it looked like you were just as much at fault as he was. both of you were insulting each other like kids, but i think YOU were the one talking mess about his family, sexual orientation and god knows what else. also, it seemed like HE was the one who didn't want to sell to YOU. correct me if i'm wrong... and he asked you repeatedly not to contact him further and you kept trying to get a last word in. pretty juvenile crap, if you ask me. i don't remember who started with the cursing, but seriously- you were saying some pretty gnarly stuff man.

doctor- i read the same of all your recent correspondences and it seemed to me that mike was willing to help you out in anyway, which you were open to... and then within a day you seemed to go bipolar on him. why didn't you wait to see what he was willing to do for you? his take was that he was out of town for the weekend. either way, i guess it matter little to none at this point. and i agree with everyone who says that your micros look amazing, even in the state that they're in. btw, mike says to leave them under uri actinic vho's, at the proportion that he uses and see what ends up happening. that goes for the 2 others that spoke out against him in this thread.

but for the record- i think it's safe to say that this discussion is over. i will post in a few or maybe tomorrow. it's 2:31am and i'm tired of mediating this poo-flinging war that doesn't even involve me directly. you guys have a good night and i hope you people remember that fish tanks are meant to remove stress.

stevedola
07/27/2006, 07:42 AM
what...you couldnt take a picture of the tank crash? too difficult?

I bought the pink lemonade micro frag from a gent in Conn. that had purchased from Bea over a year ago. He didnt like the color it had become (orangeish, greenish) so I bought it off him. Nice piece but just a Doc says...not yellow and pink. Its just sad when people see a way to rip people off and go for the throat. I know one seller that doesnt photochop her pics and thats JenDub. Best bet for sellers so that people dont get a linch mob after you...dont "misrepresent" your product.

mummra100769
07/27/2006, 08:08 AM
wow. tank crash at the perfect moment. now no one will ever see pics of these items...ever. it sucks if it's true but it does seem that the timing could not have been better.

John Kelly
07/27/2006, 09:26 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7820654#post7820654 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
this was emailed to me from mike earlier today:

.....but today, they pretty freaking similar to the day they got them. i have them in a 90gallon with approx 200watts or actinic vho's
Mike Bae

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7823184#post7823184 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
his water was 94 degrees and the culprit wasn't a blackout. it was his DOG. this puppy english bulldog chewed the hell out of the power cord of the chiller and everything in his tank was stripped to the skeleton and hanging by mere filaments. every single polyp.

How does a 90g tank rise in temperature and crash so quickly with only 200w of vho's? Surely the house or apartment isn't that hot?
:confused: (doh!)

Snprhed
07/27/2006, 09:29 AM
So I'm looking at ordering some micro's from a guy on Frags.org. Boker something with some numbers. I like his stuff better than anyones on there personally. Can anyone here recommend him?

organism
07/27/2006, 09:50 AM
I'd have to say that that is the most conspicuously good timing that I have ever, ever seen. What's the probability of that, like 1 in 100,000? Good thing Tyree, honest vendor that he is, is going to be forthcoming with those pics of his colonies, right?

oddballs
07/27/2006, 10:33 AM
this is a little fishy if you ask me!!i would love to see the pics of the (crashed tank) it just seems convienent ?

CaptainPicard
07/27/2006, 11:13 AM
Microbubbles... or Avedis aka Michael Bae, whichever... First off this person never backed anything up when i asked him to, i kindly spoke to him on the phone asking him to show me updated pics of the colonies and he never did saying he didnt have a camera, then he sends me horrible and nasty emails that i found rather funny (just shows me who i am dealing with). I was the one who said go away but anyway that story of those emails going back and forth and about me questioning his sexuality is as obsurd as his corals looking anything like the picture and as unbelievable as his name is Michael Bae.

I have seen numerous coral morphs, changes in them and have never witness such outlandish changes in their spectrum, i have bought micro's from many people... The doctor being one of them and funny... it still looks like its picture ,every color and i have a completely different lighting sysytem. On that note i have never seen anyone of Mr. Bae's micro/acan's looking anything remotely close like the picture in 9 different tanks, so am i to believe that these heavenly colors only exist in his tank that has now crashed???

And still no pictures... and like i said before - We would of never seen them anyway, crash or no crash...

oddballs
07/27/2006, 11:46 AM
pics???

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/27/2006, 12:02 PM
Well, :o

After a crash it is important to replace those items that were lost... at least some of us have 3 of your morphs ready to go ;) I'll set you up with the Lemonade, Floyd, OJ for $630.00 2 polyps of each.... *note though they really do not look like those advertisment pics that are on Frags.org or reeffarmers... I do not want to mislead you... Current colony pictures are available at the begining of this post Mr. Bae

LOL * NOTE to moderator and others... I am not actually attempting to sell or trade any corals here. This post was pure, unadulterated, rude sarcasm in response to yet another probable Bae falacy. I apoligize for my lack of wit and couth in useing sarcasm as my dull tool.

Snprhed
07/27/2006, 12:08 PM
Scott, I have the feeling we won't be seeing pics.

organism
07/27/2006, 12:31 PM
don't forget though guys, reeffarmers does have a colony of each as well, and I'm sure that, as honest vendors, they wouldn't mind providing pics of the colonies in their current state

mummra100769
07/27/2006, 01:02 PM
oh man. be carefull about what you say about reeffarmers. from experience i know that the following of LE-ites is strong.lol

stevedola
07/27/2006, 01:04 PM
mum is right...before you know it youre looking for a new site to frequent.

Snprhed
07/27/2006, 01:22 PM
Maybe we could call it reef underground.

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 02:13 PM
you guys are too much. let me get home from work. btwm doctor- you ARE a piece of work. again, i sincerely HOPE that you are next in line for the tank meltdown. sincerely.

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 02:20 PM
tha tank is in his garage. in california, we've been seeing an insane heat wave where it's not uncommon for it to be 85 at midnight.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/27/2006, 02:36 PM
MicroBubbles,
I have been kind and respectful to you... I in no way would ever wish a tank crash upon anyone you or Mr. Bae included... Be careful of your Karma in wishing such evil things upon others who have harmed you not... Young Paedewon

organism
07/27/2006, 02:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7825885#post7825885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mummra100769
oh man. be carefull about what you say about reeffarmers. from experience i know that the following of LE-ites is strong.lol

oh, I'm totally not saying anything one way or the other about reeffarmers, all I'm saying is that they would also have colonies of these, and that as honest vendors would certainly not have any qualms against providing pictures of what the frags and colonies look like now in their system. I'm not trying to get into any discussion relating to LE's, naming corals, etc... The only discussion is, that was what they looked like then, how do they look now?

what I am saying, is that, tank crash or not, the idea that Michael Bae would not own or have access to a digital camera is unfathomable, since, let's face it guys, the original pictures didn't take themselves, and using that as an excuse is a pretty low way to get out of having to provide pictures long before this tank crash issue

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 03:02 PM
did you pirhannas hear me? i have the pictures that I took. it's at home. if i remember correctly, you sycophants were the ones asking for a third party? otherwise wouldn't it be TOOOO convenient? right? let me get off work.

oddballs
07/27/2006, 03:29 PM
before you call people you dont even know names ralax take a breath!!these are really pricey corals and we all just want to know the TRUTH so yes we will be happy when pics are provided we are all serious reefers and when people pay for something they expect it to be as described(or pictured).

JnS
07/27/2006, 03:40 PM
I bought all 3 corals from Mike,I expected them to change color as most corals do. I will wait for the pics of them in his tank......

CaptainPicard
07/27/2006, 03:44 PM
Get ready for pics of a crashed system that you can easily get from google... still no pics of the micro's because i am guessing they are all dead from that unfortunate yet right on time crash, (saving microbubbles on posting so i already said it)

Microbubbles are you Mr. Bae himself?

But the funny part is since they are all dead i had one of my fellow reefers talk to him today and he is selling him pink lemonades and oj simpsons... so sad... :(

organism
07/27/2006, 04:02 PM
so he's selling corals that are dead, interesting... good thing MicroBubbles went over to Michael Bae's and already confirmed that there were none, otherwise I'd definitely be suspicious that something shady was going on here

heuerfan
07/27/2006, 04:08 PM
I'm sure you spent alot of money on those and as beautiful as they are i would be pretty upset that they didn't look like the pictures. Not even close on a couple of them.

My 2 cents....

"edit" sorry, didn't read thru the thread, this is quite obvious :)

oddballs
07/27/2006, 04:14 PM
captain i was wondering the same thing! for a third party he really has bae's back on this one?

organism
07/27/2006, 04:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7825065#post7825065 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CaptainPicard
Microbubbles... or Avedis aka Michael Bae, whichever... First off this person never backed anything up when i asked him to, i kindly spoke to him on the phone asking him to show me updated pics of the colonies and he never did saying he didnt have a camera

hmm, guess he must have broken his camera since these pics (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=629014&highlight=pink+floyd+micro) were taken

I would have a lot more respect if, instead of the name calling, someone would just step up and say "yes, they have changed colors now, but we are selling very nice micros nonetheless. They are, however, not pink, but still nice, and we like them enough to sell them with these updated pics" without having to make up stories about not having cameras, or different lighting, etc...

I will tell you all how I know for a fact that these micros are misrepresented, and why I'm so enthralled by the excuses that keep popping up as to why pics can't be had, because way back when they first appeared, I had a colony of them, got them right arounds the same time, and I thought hmmm, that doesn't seem right, let me see how they look in a month. In no longer than 14 days, they looked identical to the actual pics posted in the beginning of this thread. They went for $20-30 a polyp (and are all gone for a while now don't pm me or ask for any).
What ticks me off is that arounds the same time someone thought "hey, why not sell them for nearly 5-6 times that by just posting the original pictures of stressed, bleached micros" and ended up becoming this mess. Normally I wouldn't even get involved, but I've felt strongly about this since day 1 (well, day 14 ;)), and have been waiting for someone to point it out ever since. It's not proper, and it's not the right way to treat anyone buying corals, and in the end, it gives a bad name to anyone with an actually nice coral trying to sell it with an actually nice pic.

ok, I'm done ranting :D

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 04:37 PM
organism and picard- You guys are really something else seirously. after i'm done posting the pics at 6pm and i'm excusing myself from the company of this thread. am I Michael Bae? Not quite. He's Asian and i'm Mexican.
btw- organism... VERY ASTUTE connection with with the initials thing. you should work for scotland yard or something.

picard- about the alleged sale- have your friend post here and let's get to the bottom of this thing. i've just left another message and email for Mike.

CaptainPicard
07/27/2006, 04:55 PM
I have a strong feeling you are Michael Bae but anyway... My friend wishes not to get involved as i asked him to do this as a favor for me. But please dont change the subject, lets see those pics, and another thing as i was pondering how to get more proof, in all this time that the corals were in the tank those where the only pictures ever taken of the famous 6 year waiting list coral? Ask yourself that and then tell me what you said...

organism
07/27/2006, 05:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7827435#post7827435 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
organism and picard- You guys are really something else seirously. after i'm done posting the pics at 6pm and i'm excusing myself from the company of this thread.

the pics of what? an allegedly crashed tank? It's weird that I live not 10 minutes from Mike's place (apparently, according to frags.org), and that I have all of my tanks in the garage and they haven't crashed, even though I never use a chiller. There sure has been a heat wave, but my water's never seen above 84. Neither has my neighbor's tank...

Microbubbles you state that you bought frags of these, did your tank crash too? You live close by I'm sure, how about I stop by, take some really quick pics with a nice camera, and then we can all move on? yeah, didn't think so... Tell you what, how about you stop by here, I'll even fill up your gas tank if they are unstressed and look like the picture, how's that sound? yeah, didn't think so there either...

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 05:22 PM
exerpt from today's email:
-------------------------------------------
*exhale*
as for the tank crash, yes... it is one in a million, isn't it? microbubbles has several pics he took last night. the pictures indicate that the skeletons are fresh, with remnants of tattered flesh still attached; and anyone w/ any kind of experience w/ acanthastreas and micromussas can easily identify and comfirm that much. convenient, you say? for whom? i lost thousands of dollars worth of corals and i would gladly turn my back on this hobby today if not for this thread.
okay here's the thing-
captain picard... or Oren... or Oring, as i so fondly like to call you... let's set the record straight. you DID get pictures and i held you the corals for 2 weeks as promised, but you're a deadbeat and a liar, so i told you to screw off, no? also, who exactly are you saying that i'm selling dead coral skeletons to? this is low, even for you. yet, oddly enough i'm not too suprised that you would "dishonor yourself" (remember those words, Oring? you should, because they were yours) to that degree. you have 9 posts in reefcentral, about 4 to flame me... i'd hardly say you're one to speak on ANYONE'S credibility. anybody feel free to send me an email through frags.org and i will gladly send you a full transcript of our correspondences, including a picture of all of my acans that i currently had available for cutting and a recent shot of the OJ that was attached. for the record I HAVE NOT sold a single frag of the pink lemonade since april (for purposes i mentioned in the last email), and the frag Oring "the scholar" was going to get was very clearly described as a piece that went through a previous crash, with not as vibrant coloration. i will forward ANY and ALL emails at your request. so there you go Oring- i *&%$ing defy you to start a new account under a different name and manufacture the man who says he is in talks with me to purchase any pink lemonade, you 1/2 a man. DO IT.

as for you organsim- how does it feel to be mr. yang's puppet and mouthpiece? that's the "question that's driving me". =P say hi to our mutual friend for me. thanks bud.

to the rest of you, mods, whoever. it looks like i'm effectively out of the hobby. i can't say that i'm sorry because i know what was in my tank and my conscience is clear. i wish you all the best, including my good buddies oring and miguel. if any of you wish to hear my side of it, shoot me an email through frags.org and i will glady fill you in. keep the thread going, let it die... it matters little to none at this point.
signing off,
mike bae
ps- i'll contact and have the last couple reefers who came by my place speak on my behalf, if it means anything.
-------------------------

organism- I nevere got any of the LE stuff from him, but I have a few polyps of the acanthastreas and a couple other things. he lives in Diamond Bar and I on the borderline of Walnut and Diamond Bar. pm me some contact info and you can on come by. leave the attitude and third degree at home though.

picard- now THAT's convenient.

i'll be home and have everything uploaded by 6pm. good day

marillion
07/27/2006, 05:24 PM
Hey Miguel...do you have any of those micros left?

Do ya?

Do ya?

Do ya?

Hee hee...I just had to ask and bug the crap outta ya. ;)

Peace,

Chip

fatty23
07/27/2006, 05:35 PM
im sure it dosent mean too much as i know micheal personally but i was over at his house a week ago and saw pinkflyod/lemonade and the colors were pink and the polyps were extended. For what its worth ive known mike for years and hes NOT THE TYPE OF GUY TO RIP PEOPLE OFF
thanks
john

organism
07/27/2006, 05:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7827734#post7827734 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles

as for you organsim- how does it feel to be mr. yang's puppet and mouthpiece? that's the "question that's driving me". =P say hi to our mutual friend for me. thanks bud.

wow, I haven't had to resort to name calling since... hang on, let me count... the third grade

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/27/2006, 06:20 PM
LOL OK now I am lost :eek:

Who is Mr Yang? and how does he relate to the Chinese mafia?

Does he know Wun hung lo? or Long Wang? Forgive me I digress

Boys LOL the Picard / Miguel / Mr Yang attack really changed my focus... NOT This was about the corals not 2 paragraphs of personal attacks.

As it does not seem that these pictures are coming anytime soon and In the interests of fairness to get opinions, Early last night I emailed this post to 5 of Mr. Baes supporters... ie: positive feedback sales on Frags.org to see how thier "LE" Lemonade, Floyd and OJs look. Maybe one of them could post a pic of thier colonies to support Mr. Bae? Since that request 2 have contacted me to say that they look just as my frags doo and another to tell me that he was banned from RC.
My bet would be that the feedback was left shortly after recieving the corals when Mr. Bae had convinced them that the colors would return in a couple of months if only they would lift one leg and recite Kipling under a full moon.
I did not leave my feedback until completeing each task he requested.
With re: to my Halides... below is the quote from Mr. Bae himself
"Care Instructions: pc/vho/t-5/halides(lower in tank)- care for your micro as you would an acan lord. price is $125/polyp"

CaptainPicard
07/27/2006, 06:31 PM
Come on Mike, Lets not fabricate BS emails that never occurred, i have bought many corals and some even from this thread alone with a payment within seconds, why would i not buy them?
Because it was all a lie and you still have yet to show *ANY* pictures, as of my posts, i belong to other forums and the minute i came in here i became premium to support the site, not the moves of a liar or deadbeat... either way avedis, can i see a license showing your real name?
I got the emails as well by the way and can also foward them to anyone at anytime...

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 06:51 PM
picard, you're off to a good start on this board, digging yourself an early grave here on this board. speaking of which, where's your "friend" with the proof of pending sale for the lemonades? does he still want to remain anonymous and nameless? maybe you should "ask yourself and tell us what you said." :) you play a pretty dirty game there, holmes. it's not even remotely cool. if nothing else, i know i can vidicate mike with the lies you weave. even if i get banned, i'm going to post all of the emails of yours/mike's on this board.

anyway, i'm home and resizing. let me figure out how to upload and post, i'm sure you guys are foaming at the mouths ready to see some dead corals. i also have the chiller and controller readout pics as well. so everyone CHILL OUT and give me a hot minute.

CaptainPicard
07/27/2006, 07:00 PM
Wow the passion, can you also fabricate graphs and readouts as well... Please, i am done with this, still no pics... nothing, you talk about people playing dirty games but yet all the proof is speaking for itself. Didnt Michael get banned from here as well? His name is not spoken of nicely in many areas. Lieing to people to make a buck, posting modified images that are a number of years old, stop communicating with 90% of your customers because they questioned the product?

Constantly changing the subject?

Constantly attacking people...

They say the best defense is offense but this is pathetic, forget everything i said and post the pictures, any pictures, i find it hard to believe that with years of holding these amazing specimens that the only pictures you have is the ones on frag.org...

Execution is worshiped...

mummra100769
07/27/2006, 07:05 PM
i believe some one said that there must be more than just the original pics taken of these corals. I know I have dozens of pics of my favorite corals. maybe if we could see a time line and witness the morphing...that would be cool.

Miguel- don't worry bro I was actually just kidding about the reef farmers comment. this is a related issue but completely separate from the whole LE thing. for what it's worth I commend you on your honest depiction of corals posted on your site.

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 07:16 PM
it's in my gallery. some are unlcear but you can very well see what is goin on.

picard, you're a sad sad man. i implore you to get help. i'm done w/ this thread, but i will return just to show people what you really are picard.

CaptainPicard
07/27/2006, 07:22 PM
Please do, i always love to see what the imagination can fabricate, i see the pictures, look like a sad frag tank, can we get a shot of the whole tank?
I love that unplugged chiller as well, nice touch :D

microbubbles
07/27/2006, 07:39 PM
you calling me a %$*#ing liar? you go to his place and take the pics. i'm sure mikes dying to meet you

CaptainPicard
07/27/2006, 07:44 PM
Oh i would love to "holmes" :uzi:

MG21
07/27/2006, 07:52 PM
I have personally bought stuff from Mike before and been to his house to pick it up. The stuff i bought (non indo lords) looked just like the pictures on frags. org. I did see, not sure which, either the Pink lemonade or O.J. in his tank and it looked just like the pictures on his site. He does have a bulldog puppy that I played with and his tank is in his garage. We have been having record heat here in the L.A. area and I know for a fact a tank in the garage won't last long without a chiller. Mike was a stand up guy and we talked for about two hours. I will definately buy from him again. It's too bad there are so many people on here looking to bad mouth everyone. I have met noyhing but nice people in the 2 plus years i've been reefing. (Jen at Jendub.com, Mike, Eric at **********, Chris at reefermadness, Ron at reeftecdesigns). Tanks are crashing out here like crazy right now. Look at Hugo (sniper sps) People are giving him a hard time saying he deserved that for not having a generator on hand. This is supposed to be a fun hobby. Let's try to keep it that way.
When you get your stuff going again Mike let me know and you can have some frags.

marillion
07/27/2006, 08:11 PM
Where are the mods on this thread? Too much name calling and not enough calling out for people to post proof photos.

Peace,

Chip

Underwaterparadise
07/27/2006, 09:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7828763#post7828763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by marillion
Where are the mods on this thread? Too much name calling and not enough calling out for people to post proof photos.

Peace,

Chip

My thoughts exactly. I'm shocked they have let it go on. What is this hobby/industry coming to:rolleyes:

John Kelly
07/27/2006, 09:27 PM
I think this thread has been quite educational and eye opening. A little childish in some parts, but it brings out a potentially serious and widespread issue between buyers and sellers; not to mention the need for more attention to be paid to the overall health of corals and not just what is pretty at the moment or how much money can be made from them. Think of how many corals die each year, or even each day, because some fish store employee tells the customer that it is a "beginner" coral and "easy" to keep. And now, people are purposely (or ignorantly) changing or altering the coloration of corals to an unnatural state, which can potentially end up stressing the coral, then creating a catchy name for it and charging 5 or 10 times what it's worth. What the buyer ends up with is a stressed coral that will unexpectedly change to a different "color morph" as soon as it begins to regain its healthy coloration again.

You could probably write an article for RC magazine on this subject ;) .

organism
07/27/2006, 11:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7828268#post7828268 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
if nothing else, i know i can vidicate mike with the lies you weave. even if i get banned, i'm going to post all of the emails of yours/mike's on this board

you are aware, of course, that posting emails (or anything, for that matter) that personally attack other users, such as calling someone O-ring, whether you originally wrote them or not, is amazingly against the rc user policy?

organism
07/27/2006, 11:56 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7828415#post7828415 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
it's in my gallery. some are unlcear but you can very well see what is goin on.

you're right, I for one can very well see what's going on. I see someone trying to pass off a small frag tank, with a few dead acans, as a tank that held several many year old micromussa colonies, someone that must not have a lot of respect for the intelligence of everyone that's looked at those pictures.

Maximus
07/28/2006, 12:21 AM
Woa, I'll make this short and to the point. I visited Michael sometime last year and bought a few polyps of the pink lemonade, pink floyd and other micros from him. They looked exactly like the photo's on reeffarmers. There was no photoshop involved at all. Michael is an honest guy who does not scam people. My frags that I got from Michael have also morphed into another color. Is that his fault? No way. He had no way of knowing what color it would change to. You guys are amazing. You guys will believe a guy who just registered on RC over a few veterans? I dare you to try and discredit me. I am no liar and I have proof to back this up. Michael is no liar as well. I saw all of his colonies 1st hand. In fact, I was the 1st person to buy his pink lemonade and other micros even before Tyree got them on his site.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/28/2006, 05:59 AM
Maximus :) as I told MicroBubbles I respect your ability to defend a friend in darkness... It shows character :) Kudos

None of us doubt you or the fact that the micros WERE that color when they first came into the country... When those corals first arrived I am 100% sure that they WERE that color, I believe that YOU and others saw them that way. That fact is clear... they were treated to obtain those colors and initially Micheal was also probably taken in by the scam.... where the question comes in and where we would all like to have seen pictures was NOW after we all know that the morphs do not have that coloration.

PROBLEM and ISSUE:
Micheal Bae continues to list them on frags .org and sell them to unsuspecting reefers... AS pink, yellow and orange morphs which they absolutely are NOT.

I paid Michael $630.00 for the three morphs shown on Frags.org and if you read this full post I already stated that the very day they arrived they looked nothing like he advertised.. NO NOT they lost thier color or other changes in my tank... They NEVER looked that way. I thought that he sent me the wrong box... I even asked him that. So when Michael shipped them he knew that they were not nor ever would again be that color... That is MY issue.
The corals were not the advertised color when they arrived... nor were they that color in Michaels tank the day he shipped.

OH and Maximus.. These are very pretty corals I really would love to see some pics of your colonies of these to see if they are similar to mine :) I have not yet gotten to see the other colonies of anyones. Actually post pics of any of your micro colonies... I bet you have some very nice ones.

Snprhed
07/28/2006, 06:33 AM
I know at times this has gotten testy, but I feel it has been very constructive over all. I am just now getting into acans and micro's, and this has been invaluable.

I'm sorry all of you had to pay the price for my education though.

stevedola
07/28/2006, 08:17 AM
Those are some sorry pictures. THere is one picture that I am able to see dead mussid coralites. Other than that 1 pic, I cant make out anything but a chiller at 94. I cant say beyond doubt that it is or isnt the remains of the micros in question. One thing I can say for certain is that camera is horrible. You would think (as a rational thinking human being) that after selling a multitude of expensive corals for $125+ each head that M.B. would purchase a camera that would enable him to take accurate clear pictures of his prize acans and micro.
Everything regarding this topic is shady and very cloak and dagger. Its always wait and Ill show you everything and then the "evidence" is blurry images of a junked frag tank- by no means indisputable. I just cant fathom not taking tons of pictures that document the growth and sale of prize acans especially when it would be in the owners interest. I hope that everyone makes their own decision and realizes the truth from the correspondance with whom ever it is this group has been talking to. Professionals dont funtion and action the way that MB has.

organism
07/28/2006, 08:38 AM
Maximus, I completely trust your point of view, as I know that your credibility is beyond question, and I fully respect your posting in this thread of the facts. However, I see where the issue lies, in being the first to buy those micros, you undoubtedly got them as soon as Michael did, at which point they were indeed that color. I'm very much willing to bet though, that as they changed in your tank, they also changed in his, which is very much what has happened. I do not doubt that you saw fully colored colonies, but I do doubt that they were fully colored any longer than yours were, and advertising them as such after the fact is where the misrepresentation came in. Also, you have to admit that those are the most intelligence insulting pictures you've ever seen...

duec22
07/28/2006, 10:31 AM
If Maximus says he saw the colonies as they appear in the pictures, I've got to believe him. What I think the major problem here is that the grower is growing them under very unusual conditions inorder to get the color out of them. Conditions that very few would be willing to go to..ie...almost pure VHO Actinic.... I don't know if I can say that it's misleading, but it's something that the buyer really needs to think about befor buying a coral.

organism
07/28/2006, 10:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7831527#post7831527 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by organism
Also, you have to admit that those are the most intelligence insulting pictures you've ever seen...

thought I'd clarify, I meant the tank crash pics, not the original micro pics. Maximus, did you see the original colonies at all after yours changed color, or just when they first came in?

bluenassarius
07/28/2006, 11:04 AM
I'd personally like to see "UPDATED" photos of these colonies also. I've been following this thread since it started. Personally, I almost shelled out some major jack to get some of these micros w/ wild color morphs. If he is a honest vendor he shouldn't have a problem showing some of the updated photos of these colonies as they are now. If the colors have changed, he should update with the new ones.

mummra100769
07/28/2006, 11:30 AM
well now the tank has crashed so it seems that he is saying he can no longer take pics due to the death of the animals

Maximus
07/28/2006, 11:46 AM
First of all, I believe we are arguing two separate matters. Originally, I thought the whole argument was about photoshopping pics of the micros. Clearly, this was not the case. I personally observed the micros in question and they were every bit as colorful as the pics had shown. As to the other matter of selling micros that have changed colors, I cannot comment on this as I have not seen the original colonies in over a year. I will say that Michael has never lied to me or mislead me. He's always been honest and forthright with me.

marillion
07/28/2006, 12:42 PM
Can you post pics of your own frags, Sang?

Can you sell me that 2nd watermelon chalice frag you have, Sang?

;)

Peace,

Chip

Maximus
07/28/2006, 12:48 PM
I'll try to take some pics once the lights come on later tonight. Is this what you want, Chip?:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/sanglee24/watermelon7-20-06.jpg

organism
07/28/2006, 01:56 PM
I don't think anyone was arguing that they were originally photoshopped, just pictures of very stressed and bleached micros. The photoshop argument came in when arguing as to whether the pictures of the colonies currently would be unscrupulously altered to make them look like the originals, basically just paranoid musings at the beginning of the thread, but since neither Michael nor reeffarmers will provide any pictures whatsoever, it's a very moot point

marillion
07/28/2006, 02:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7833207#post7833207 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Maximus
I'll try to take some pics once the lights come on later tonight. Is this what you want, Chip?:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/sanglee24/watermelon7-20-06.jpg

Is that the baby one? I don't want to take your big frag. :)

Peace,

Chip

John Kelly
07/28/2006, 04:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7831527#post7831527 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by organism
I'm very much willing to bet though, that as they changed in your tank, they also changed in his, which is very much what has happened. I do not doubt that you saw fully colored colonies, but I do doubt that they were fully colored any longer than yours were, and advertising them as such after the fact is where the misrepresentation came in.

As he says below in his email to microbubbles, he has experimented with those colonies and sends out the ones under the vho's because that is what people are EXPECTING. Of course, the customers are expecting them to look like the advertised photos.

i know what corals are in my tank, and i'm fully aware of the fact that colors change under different lighting schemes and different water parameters. i have experimented w/ all of these colonies in 3 different tanks in my home, and on several instances they have taken on personalities of their own. however, when returned to the tank with the vho's they have eventually regained their original coloration. and when i send them out, i send out the ones that sit under the vho's because that's what people are expecting. Mike Bae

Also, as microbubbles says in his post in this thread:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7819628#post7819628 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by microbubbles
I've been to Mike Be's house and I've seen these corals in person-
when I saw the pink floyd and pink lemonade, they were fully open and the colors looked pretty close to the ones on frags.og. he had them under purple vho's at the time, way up high in the rockwork.

"Way up high in the rockwork"..............what does this tell you?

When these things are put together, along with peoples testimony who bought some of the corals, it says that someone is purposely stressing the corals with their lighting to obtain some unnatural/unhealthy coloration and then turning around and selling them at a very high price as if they are a rare or exotic "limited edition" with a fancy name.

:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

neyugn0w01
07/28/2006, 05:32 PM
Since SniperSPS tanks crash, I wonder what the going rate of the Watermelon are going to be.

Justin74
07/28/2006, 05:57 PM
Well, 5 pages later,all kinds of poopoo slinging, a handfull of friend's vouchers but not one pic that can verify the corals true color to coraberate the one that was advertised. Not that I was holding my breath after seeing the pic that was advertised.

Hell, not even an unbiased stranger saying "heres my frag Ive had for over 3 months and it looks pretty damn close, see?"
I agree with the above post on how educational this is.And for maddness's post:, I dont know where its headed but the more I learn,the more sickend I become.Not to say there arent some stupendous people out there that are a real credit to both industry and hobby, but theyre definately only one side to that coin, unfortunately for me and you pal.

Sad part is it only takes one bad apple to ruin it for the bunch. This whole micromussa affair reaks of last years acan craze, and all the shady activities that went hand in hand with such crazes.

Has anyone approached reeffarmers asking for a current pic of there colony?If so what was the outcome?Tounglashing, or cold shoulder?

-Justin

grisha
07/28/2006, 08:02 PM
check this out
sorry for sneaking in
http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedpinklemonade.htm
We retired this coral in the summer of 2006 primarily because it color patterns morphed while in captivity and it no longer appears even remotely close to the images here. Apparently that has been a problem with some Micromussa corals

ReefDoctorMicromussas
07/28/2006, 08:11 PM
Yes I had requested Pics from Reef farmers but I have still recieved no reply...

I was just at that link the other day and the lemonade was not retired then... they must have just retired it this week.

It now says "Retired Summer 2006" well there is a vendor saying it does not look this way anymore and at least kind of attempting to be forthright?

In a way??

:rolleyes:

I wonder about the Floyd?

CaptainPicard
07/28/2006, 08:21 PM
Mysterious Tank crash at the last minute and reef farmers retired the coral???

hmm...

Pictures of someone's dead frag tank and an unplugged chiller?

Amazing coincidences...

microbubbles
07/28/2006, 09:25 PM
i'm the one who took the pictures, with my camera, and my amateur skills. it was because i expected a backlash if i sent you pics directly from mike. o-ring and miguel- you guys have an open invitation to walk up to mike bae's house, straight from the man himself and you guys can take all the fancy pictures you like. in the mean time, don't you dare try to say i've set up some elaborate ruse.

here's some more directly from mike's mouth, er, keyboard?:

O-RING/picard/whatever: still can't substantiate the claim that i'm in talks trying to sell the pink lemonade to your "friend"? then just sit there and be quiet, because your word is about as good as dirt. seriously kid, anytime you're in la... let's have a very long talk about your issues with honesty, your passive aggressive tendencies and your utter inabilty to let things go without a dirty last word or sucker punch. i promise you, no, I SWEAR TO YOU, that you will walk away a remarkable change. you may even be able to finally join the human race. keep hope alive.

organism- don't you go and throw RC's user policy to shut mike up. i'm almost certain that you have VERY LITTLE clout here. my understanding is that you're lucky to even be here. didn't you just barely fly under the radar to avoid those sweeps when RC was booting price fixing/gouging micro sellers left and right? so are we to think that that makes YOU legit by some measure? and don't tell me you weren't hawking thos same "bleached" corals for MONTHS. cause i seen you do it. and with all your expertise, you're telling me that YOU DIDN't KNOW? wait, weren't you the same guy selling like 2 or 3 polyps of a pink micro on ebay for 800 bucks or more? your site and company was BUILT on selling these "bleached" micros... you think just because you've SOLD THEM ALL, aka "not selling them anymore" that that absolves you? if you think about it, you should also be nailing yourself to a cross, right after you assist these kind people in doing so to me. let me ask you- why so much love for the guy who screwed you so hard selling you thousands upon thousands of dollars in "bleached" micromussa? i mean he's practically got his hand in your bung and controlling you like a sock puppet. did he make things right for you? maybe he let you go in 50/50 on a few japanese or taiwanese shipments? get a spine man. i'm pretty familiar with the tactics. admit it, he's probably on the phone with you coaching you on what to say as you type this drivel up. in any case- FYI, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROBLEM WITH PERSONALLY REPORTING YOU TO FISH AND WILDLIFE and reporting your doings so that they keep a watchful eye on you and your tendency to import and sell smuggled livestock from illegal collecting zones (maybe even your special friend(s) hiding out in the shadows). don't play the moral card to carry out your dirty little agenda. it doesn't suit you.
done. really.
Mike Bae
btw- thanks to anyone speaking up on my behalf, a special thanks to microbubbles especially, mark, sang and john.

CaptainPicard
07/28/2006, 09:43 PM
Oh Avedis/Michael Bae...

Caring what you think about me $0.00
Threatening people in public $1.00
Attacking everyone for asking for proof $5.00

Admitting you are selling bleached corals through admitting someone else also does it - PRICELESS :D

Agu
07/28/2006, 09:50 PM
This seems to have gotten out of hand. Closed so everyone has time to do a waterchange, and maybe forever.

Move on, nothing to see here...........