PDA

View Full Version : my only complaint...

hotrod122
07/26/2006, 08:02 PM
i have had a ACjr, ACII, and now an AC3.
i loved them all and they work really well
my one complaint is that about once a week my season table gets reset to the stock season table. This always seems to happen when i am at work to top it all off!

i have it connected thru 2.. yes 2 surge protectors, and a battery backup on the battery port.

it never records a power outage, it just glitches and resets to factory season table.

yea yea.. i know.. i could run offsets to compensate you say..wrong..
the times i run are way more offset than the factory table, plus the temperatures would not be like i want them also.

is there a way so we can update the season table like our programs are? make it "stick" even thru power outages?
or maybe a custom firmware that could do it?
or an editable firmware so we can adjust the season table to what "we" want it to be?

thank you for such a great product, and great customer support!
Erik

clp
07/27/2006, 10:56 AM
Storing updated seasonal table values is on the to do list; I'm just not sure when we are going to put it.

Curt

hotrod122
07/27/2006, 06:14 PM
SWEET!!

thank you for atleast giving me some hope!

WarDaddy
07/28/2006, 08:01 AM
There are issues when you daisy chain surge protectors, it is not recomended. I can not remember of fhte top of my head why, but we found it to cause problems and have it as a company policy not to do it.

hotrod122
07/28/2006, 09:36 PM
well.. i only did it thinking it might help the problem i was having..
it didnt...
so i only have one in there now..
put the other back on my tv and stereo :)

herb11kigoma
07/29/2006, 05:14 PM
the reason for not daisy-chaining surge protectors is each surge protector lowers the voltage just a little bit, the problem is that this is an additive effect, so after enough surge protectors one lowers the ac voltage below tolerance levels for equiptment.

herb

DrBDC
07/30/2006, 10:19 AM
I was having that problem with the seasonal tables too since I keep my tank in the 80-82 range. I raised my low points up to 78-80 depending on the month and then used RT commands. But within a week or so it's back to the preset numbers when I check.