PDA

View Full Version : Lo Vulpinis, Orange on fins

reefshadow
07/26/2006, 08:15 PM
Hey, all-

I got this lo a couple weeks ago, settled in now and is a super nice fish. It has orange tips on the ends of its dorsal and ventral fins. Is this a mature colouration or somethig abnormal. It was this way when I bought it. It is a large fish, about 6-7 inches. Very healthy and saucy.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/20899lo.jpg

tigerarmy40
07/26/2006, 08:21 PM
Im pretty sure its normal! I have sen them with orange to red tips on the dorsal quite a few times!!! nice fish...

Aquabucket
07/26/2006, 08:52 PM
That Foxface looks very healthy!! Consider the orange/red colors a nice little bonus. Many pay more money for a Magnificent because of the red coloring in the fins. Good luck with it! Foxfaces are one of my favorite fish to stock at the store. Most are very hardy and have cleaned up many of my customers tanks. I also just had one that liked to swim around with a small group of SW Mollies. Talk about a clean up crew. Nuisance algae did not stand a chance!

reefshadow
07/26/2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks you guys-

I have had the worst luck with large grazers lately, lost two new nasos for unknown reasons, though I suspect it was collection/holding stress. This guy cost me a little more than I would have liked to pay, but it was in the LFS for 8 months and so I figured it was hardy and fully acclimated to captivity, lol.

They said it had grown about 4 inches in that time, wow.