PDA

View Full Version : RMA # for Defective pH Probe

UCanDoIt
07/26/2006, 08:27 PM
I recently purchased an Neptune AC Jr and the pH probe is defective as it cannot calibrate. I have tried 3 times to calibrate the probe and it gives me the same error message each time, "pH probe defective, restoring...". The first 2 tests, I reused the same solution bag. On the 3rd test, I opened 2 new calibration solutions. Could I get a RMA# to return for replacement? A voicemail and email has been left at your website a few days back. Thanks.

clp
07/27/2006, 10:58 AM
Please call again. Someone left a message, but I can't understand the email address. BTW, did you remove the rubber cap from the probe during calibration? What values were displayed at the bottom of screen during calibration?

Curt

UCanDoIt
07/27/2006, 11:00 AM
Oops! Was I suppose to remove the rubber cap? Let me try that, I feel so stupid. Thanks for the quick response on RC. :D

UCanDoIt
07/27/2006, 11:16 AM
There's no instructions about the probe, so I didn't know. During calibration, the cap is suppose to be off? How about while it is operating? I will try recalibration when I get home from work tonight. I think that's my problem as I didn't remove the cap.

clp
07/27/2006, 11:21 AM
See chapter 4 of the manual on pH installation. The cap is only for probe storage. Leave it off for both calibration and tank use. Keep the cap in case you ever want to store the probe. The tip of the probe should not be allowed to dry out.

Curt

UCanDoIt
07/27/2006, 11:53 AM
:D Thanks, I'll check it out.