PDA

View Full Version : Who Has The Best Store In Orlando??

CMDRAPER
07/27/2006, 07:49 AM
The family and I are heading to Disney next week. I want to go to the best fish and coral store in Orlando. If possible, please give me the "cadillac" of all the stores...as I will not have enough time to see all of them.

THANKS!!!

Stoney Mahony
07/27/2006, 08:21 AM
It kinda depends on what you want to see...... Sea in the city in my opinion is the best in town. They have the best corals, and some nice fish too. The store is a little on the small side but they have some nice exotic species, the owner Marcye is awesome(you'll make a friend for life), and I hear they will be opening an online store in the future so it would probably be good to visit while you can. They are also the closest to the airport so you can take a few things home w/ ya if you want. If you want a more open space to walk around I suggest Ocean Blue(Not as nice of stuff but more room to walk around and they are fresh and salt). Also, if you have time, check out SeaWorld! They have a HUGE reef tank that is actually quite impressive. Ive lived here my whole life but did'nt see the reef tank till about a year ago and it was amazing! Have fun at Disney!

MacnReef
07/27/2006, 09:37 AM
Ok seriously...SITC is nice but the guy can only hit one place and wants to see the Cadillac of fish stores here! SITC has like 4 tanks, one being for live rock and a rack or two (small racks) for fish. The selection is very low but good for us local people.

If you are looking for the Cadillac of fish stores, go to OceanBlue in Winter Park, also close to the airport. In my opinion you can't get any better. People around here sometimes complain about the owners prices, but you pay for quality in this hobby. His acros can't be touched by any other local fish store and they are like $99 for a whole colony...not to expensive if you ask me.

Plus he has Tunze, AquaMedic, ASM, Geiseman and he has a lot of stuff made for his store. Like a lot of the stands he sells are NOT made by places like All-glass, so they are tall. He also has sumps made like the Elos that are very sweet. He always has a ton of fish in stock along with a load of LPS and SPS. He has some Euphyllias there that are just massive for under $100.

OceanBlue is very clean. He takes great care of his livestock and his customers. I have yet to find a dead fish in any of his tanks.

Again, if you are looking for Cadillac, visit OceanBlue. If you are looking for a Ford Focus, nice and small, yet cozy, try Sea In The City. If you are looking for an El Camino, try Seven Seas, dirty, old looking, a lot of open space that isn't used well yet an okay selection of fish and corals. If you want a school bus that just left the derby, try The Aquarium. HUGE, but dirty, ignorant staff, few corals that are all overpriced and smelly...lol

Thats my 2 cents.
Mike

MacnReef
07/27/2006, 09:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7823998#post7823998 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Stoney Mahony
If you want a more open space to walk around I suggest Ocean Blue(Not as nice of stuff but more room to walk around and they are fresh and salt).

I just read this...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OceanBlue kills ALL of the other fish stores in the area! I can almost guarantee that any of his sps colonies are nicer than any other fish store in the area. Everyone loves SITC because of Marcye...if it wasn't for her, you wouldn't be so bias. When Doug owned SITC, pretty much same exact store, only a few of us went there.

Mike

Stoney Mahony
07/27/2006, 10:36 AM
You don't know what your talking about. End of story. Read through ORCA or any other posts on here and your the only one in love w/ ocean blue. I used to live across the street from the place and ive been in 100's of times and 80% of the time there are at least a few dead fish. You are very biased saying that his stuff is all tip top shape and he has $99 colonies. Big difference in opinions, and I'll leave it at that. Have fun dude.

TwistedTiger
07/27/2006, 10:55 AM
Hey I used to live in Winter Park(16 years ago) and visit friends there every year I'd like to visit Ocean Blue anyone have directions? I'd like to look at Marcye too where can I find her :-) ?

MacnReef
07/27/2006, 11:09 AM
I had written a lot of stuff that probably isn't appropriate so I removed it. I know you think you know a lot and you might but saying that SITC is better or even on the same level as OB is crazy.

Tell me one thing that SITC has that OceanBlue doesnt have? I will name 20 things that OB has that SITC doesn't have and I won't even get started on dry goods, considering SITC has like 10 different items for sale.

Like I said, the reason people like SITC is because of Marcye.

Mike

**I can give you directions. Take 436 to Aloma, depending on he direction you are coming, lets say Apopka, turn left on Aloma. OceanBlue is up about 4 streets on the left in a shopping center.

Stoney Mahony
07/27/2006, 04:10 PM
Nice store bashin, how big of you. Im tryin to give this guy honest advise so back to the question at hand and stop PM'ing me calling me a liar.

MacnReef
07/27/2006, 07:58 PM
The name calling isn't necessary. Its called a debate.

Mike

Frisco
07/27/2006, 08:14 PM
Please refrain from name calling and personal attacks or you will lose access to the forum.