PDA

View Full Version : Fan In Front of a Chiller

FSOL
07/27/2006, 02:40 PM
Does it help any to have a fan placed right in front of the radiator of the chiller? My chiller sits in my backyard and during summertime it gets real hot outside.
I was thinking of buying a small clip on fan and having it blow right into the chiller's air intake (radiator part).

chadfarmer
07/27/2006, 02:58 PM
it would help also put the chiller in shade

TrojanScott
07/27/2006, 03:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7826577#post7826577 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FSOL
Does it help any to have a fan placed right in front of the radiator of the chiller? My chiller sits in my backyard and during summertime it gets real hot outside.
I was thinking of buying a small clip on fan and having it blow right into the chiller's air intake (radiator part).

FSOL,

Do you have any pics of your plumbing? Where is the chiller, where is your tank? Do you have any protective housing for the chiller? I'm planning on plumbing mine on the other side of the wall, (outside) soon. I haven't needed the chiller yet, but I'd like to have it set up just in case. (since I have one. )

FSOL
07/27/2006, 03:31 PM
My whole system is outside the house (pumps, plumbing, chiller, refugium, et....)
The chiller can be placed in only one spot, and that spot gets some sunlight during the day. There's nothing I can do about it.
The chiller is placed on the ground on top of some 2x4's so that if it rains water won't get into it. I also have some plexiglass covering it at the top, so that no rain gets into it.
I like it better this way because all the noise is outside the house, plus all the heat from the chiller is not in the house.

I will take a few pics for you TrojanScott.

By the way did you attend USC? I'm a trojan myself.