PDA

View Full Version : foxface looks funny

TKByrnes
07/27/2006, 04:55 PM
i posted in the desease forum but noone has replied yet. he doesnt look right and he is laying on the bottom.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/TKByrnes/foxface.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/TKByrnes/foxface2.jpg

Mishap
07/27/2006, 04:57 PM
It looks like he has a cloudy eye. If it is cloudy, move it to a QT tank for treatment.

TKByrnes
07/27/2006, 05:06 PM
no its not. my camera sucks. he just has those dark spots all over him and lays on the bottom of the tank. today he was head first in a hole in my rocks and wasnt moving at all. i thought he was dead and grabbed him with my tongs. about halfway to the top of my tank he went nuts and was flopping around. so i let him go. I thought for sure he was dead.

Mishap
07/27/2006, 05:22 PM
He may just be stressed.....how long has he been in the tank? Has anything been harassing him? Has he been eating?

Shekki
07/27/2006, 05:26 PM
I have a scribbled rabbit, and he has slightly cloudy eyes as well. He acts fine and is the biggest eater of any fish I've seen. I'll keep an eye on his eyes anyway.

Robb

TKByrnes
07/27/2006, 05:34 PM
he has been in the tank for about 2 weeks now. he does look better than he did since i took my angel out that was picking on him. I havent personally seen him eat but we clip nori on the side of the tank and everyday it is gone when the lights come on. the only other fish in there is a chalk bass. i would think that if the foxface wasnt eating after 2 weeks he would be skinny. every once in a while my snowflake will chase him out of the cave but other than that he just hangs out.

Mishap
07/27/2006, 05:36 PM
Stress would be my guess then, just let it ride.

TKByrnes
07/27/2006, 05:41 PM
thats what i have been doing for 2 weeks now. every 2-3 days he will be fine for a couple of hours then back to the cave on the bottom. when he comes out and is swimming around he looks great. how long do you think it will be untill he is comfortable and stops being stressed?