PDA

View Full Version : Search Function

GlobaLPimP
07/27/2006, 07:20 PM
am I the only one having trouble using this??? I have been trying for 3 days to use this function but it always says...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry. The search function has been temporarily disabled due to high server load. Please try your search again in a few minutes. Other site features will still be functional.

Check out our Premium Membership Program for higher priority access to the search engine as well as other nice features.

Tips & Trivia:
Banging on the search button rapidly only makes it less likely that you will get in. Please use common sense when accessing limited resources. Wait at least a few seconds before trying again - even better try again in a few minutes. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AngeloM3
07/27/2006, 07:20 PM
you have to pay to be a premium member to use the search function

DamnDamsel
07/27/2006, 07:28 PM
The search works. But at peak usage times unless you are a paying member it will not. Try it in the AM before you leave for work and it works fine.

If you go to the homepage there is a button labeled "Search tools". Using this will allow you to search RC only but using google instead of the pages own search. Works just as good just less load on the host.

GlobaLPimP
07/27/2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks - I have tried all times of the day and night! I'll try the Google method.

theop
07/27/2006, 07:42 PM
Or just pay the $2 per month to support this great website...

Andrew
07/27/2006, 07:48 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=714296

07/27/2006, 07:51 PM
You don't HAVE to be a 'premium' member and that doesn't really garuntee anything. It just gives you more of a priority. I too haven't been able to use the search for a week now. I use the google method myself. I do plan to pay the membership fee soon though cause this site IS a great one.

rick s
07/27/2006, 08:14 PM
I had the same search problems for months. I joined the Premium Membership 2 years ago and have never had to wait since. Search is instantly available any time, day or night.

When you consider what we've spent on this hobby, I felt that $25 a year to support this unbelievable, worldwide, instant response resource, was well worth it.

JGoslee
07/27/2006, 08:16 PM
Ive never had to wait to do a search. Membership has its privledges.