PDA

View Full Version : Anemone missing now for 2+ weeks

jay24k
07/27/2006, 09:57 PM
I have a rose BTA that a couple weeks ago decided to start walking. He passed over almost any available area within a week on the right side of my tank. Then I noticed he was missing completely.

He hasn't hit any powerheads or anything but just disappeared. Is it possible it is splitting? How long can they go into hiding for? I've had this anemone for quite some time now and it was very healthy and always took food.

javatech
07/27/2006, 10:50 PM
How long have you had him
mine went walkabout for 4 weeks when i got him

jay24k
07/28/2006, 04:47 AM
9 months at least. He stayed in the same spot for several months and then decided to move and now he is MIA.

OrionN
07/28/2006, 05:59 AM
Most likely he is in the rock work. You need to locate him and get him some light.

jay24k
07/28/2006, 08:56 AM
That's going to be about impossible unfortunately. The amount of rock and corals mounted would cause havoc in the tank. The rock has many holes and light permeates in different spots so I would think by him extending one direction in any specific spot about 2 to 3 inches, light would be there for him.

vaporize
07/28/2006, 06:53 PM
the same thing happened to my blue carpet, it went to the bottom of my cliff and I can't really move everything out to retrieve him, hopefully it will come back out or it's gonna die in there.