PDA

View Full Version : First Zoos and not going well

Octoberfest
07/28/2006, 05:07 PM
I recently purchased a reverse gorrila nipple frag from a member here. When I got the frag it had come detached from the piece of rock it was sent with and some of the water leaked from the bag. They were all closed up as I expected when I got them on Wed. Well it's now Friday and they are still closed up but haven't changed in shape or shown any signs of getting worse, just not opening. I had the in shade the first day and moved them to light the second day but decided that I would wait for them to open before even thinking about that so they are back in the shade (i know leave them be). So is this common for them to stay closed up for several days when shipped?

gemini aquarius(t)
07/28/2006, 05:14 PM
is there alot of flow around them sometimes mine close up f theres too much flow

limestro
07/28/2006, 05:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7835056#post7835056 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by foresteronw
I recently purchased a reverse gorrila nipple frag from a member here. When I got the frag it had come detached from the piece of rock it was sent with and some of the water leaked from the bag. They were all closed up as I expected when I got them on Wed. Well it's now Friday and they are still closed up but haven't changed in shape or shown any signs of getting worse, just not opening. I had the in shade the first day and moved them to light the second day but decided that I would wait for them to open before even thinking about that so they are back in the shade (i know leave them be). So is this common for them to stay closed up for several days when shipped?

Sometimes it takes a while just make sure the tips of the polyps arent turning transparent. Thats when you know they have a likelier chance of melting away or the damn cleanup crew are going to pick at it. Do the polyps seem thin like the ones in this picture or do they seem full and fat?

http://www.rhymeside.com/_adImgs/7_24_06_blues.jpg

Just give it some time. I have had some stay closed for over a weak. Some never made it, others have. It all depends. Good luck with that matter. These picture was a colony of 'blues clues' too bad they didn't make it =(.

~Mike