PDA

View Full Version : Wavebox pump problem

Erik
07/30/2006, 07:52 AM
My wavebox has been working perfectly for more than a year. Until yesterday morning when it suddenly started to beep very fast and spinning very slow - like the sound/action discribed on page 49 in the 'Instructions for Use', when it is supposed to be running dry. However it was in the tank all the time.
I pulled the plug and started to disamble it to look for debris, calcium etc. After 12 hours in citric acid a put it together again but the beeping noise will not stop and it spins very, very slow.
I have ordered the new Drive unit No: 6200.700 today, because the old unit looks like it needs to be replaced, but I would very much like to know if there could be any issues with the drive unit?

Any answer is greatly appreciated.

/Erik :)

rvitko
07/30/2006, 02:29 PM
Check the stickied thread at the top of this forum. It could be the upper bearing is syuck to the magnet.

Erik
07/31/2006, 04:46 AM
Thank you for your kind answer. Yes I read that sticky before I posted. ;) It was a lot of help for me but unfortunately the magnet wasn't stuck to the upper bearing. Hopefully a new 6200.700 will help. Upon really close inspection the bearing bush 3000.62 and bearing shell 3000.65 looks a bit unevenly weared, maybe that is why it's not working?

rvitko
07/31/2006, 10:05 AM
No, if the bush bearing isn't stuck and the magnet is cracked, and it spins slow, there has to be an electronic fault. The 6200.70 will not fix it. The pump and driver will have to be sent in for service unfortunately.

Erik
07/31/2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks, I thought it might be a bigger problem than debris and/or mechanical failure. I will send it to Tunze Service in Germany.

Many thanks for your kind help and fast answer. Great service!