PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Its Snowing In My Tank

[17]shawn[17]
07/30/2006, 06:13 PM
i just did a water change and now there is a bunch of little white things floating around in my tank it looks like its snowing!my instant ocean salt was all hardened when i went to mix it but i crushed it up when i went to poor the new sw in it started is this just salt that may of not disolved properly? it this bad ? i just have shrimp and 2 clown at the moment its a 20 gal tank no skimmer,its on its way

Avast Marine
07/30/2006, 06:20 PM
How long did you mix it for?

[17]shawn[17]
07/30/2006, 06:23 PM
i had i powerhead in there for like 2 hours then i mixed it with my hand for a bit

Avast Marine
07/30/2006, 06:31 PM
Hmmm. Instant Ocean will do that in general if it is not mixed long enough. It should be fine. If it doesn't clear up by tomarrow then I might worry but I doubt it will be a issue.
Chuck the salt and go buy some new stuff, and really try to mix IO for at least 6 hours before using. BTW keep your salt in an airtight container, moisture from the air or your hands or something got in the salt and thats why it clumped up on you.

crvz
07/30/2006, 08:02 PM
Are you dosing anything else? It could be an issue with something precipitating from the water column. Also, a lot of folks allow the water to mix overnight with a powerhead. Freshly mixed water can typically be low in oxygen content, which is obviously not a great addition to the tank.