PDA

View Full Version : When ya have to go, you just have to go

Glove
07/30/2006, 10:36 PM
Something about drinking lots of coffee on a 90 degree morning in 100% humidity then jumping into the local quarry thats about 56 degrees @45 ft makes ya feel all warm inside.

There are divers that P in thier wet-suits and there are divers that lie about it.

-Glove

DaveG99
07/31/2006, 11:55 AM
I pee in mine all the time. I look forward to it. Its a 15 second relief from the cold. Anmd yes water can get kind of cold down her in Florida. Febuary temps are around 68 deg. brrrrrrrr

mrferrit
07/31/2006, 12:50 PM
oo your getting me ant-see im going to crystal river on wed. and i cant wait to jump in that nice 72 deg water (whats a wetsuit) come on dave were Florida boys you dont need a wet suit lol

Glove
07/31/2006, 09:44 PM
68 and you say brrr.... lol.
Floridians
Come do an ice dive up here in Indiana sometime, its a blast!
We have a local quarry thats approx 55 ft deep. Bottom 15 hardly changes from low forties in winter and maybe 55 in the hottest of summer. My computer doesnt record lowest temps, its more the temp of the depth I was at the longest. 68 is full wetsuit, hooded vest and some gloves here. But if you need to get into that lower 15 feet with only a wet-suit, things get cold real quick.
Those extra liquids help in those situatons.

I have always wanted to take the tube tour on the crystal river. Can you still do that?

mrferrit
08/03/2006, 01:49 PM
WOW what a woderfull dive that was i didnt go to crystal river but went to ginnie springs instead last time i only went into the grand ballroom and the santa fe river this time i did that as well and a place called devils ear and devils eye and a nether one what a dive sofar ive only been onb 6 dives and this was by far the best one yet untill the gulf clears up a bit.
GLOVE- i am not sure about crystal river tubing but ginniw srings has a nice tube ride down the river if your ever in the area.
take care all
DL

thor32766
08/03/2006, 04:18 PM
yeah ginnie springs is great to float down!

sawillia
08/03/2006, 07:14 PM
on my cert dives we actually dove the crystal river. Kind of neat.... very clear... hell on the ears

We also went to homosases (sp) to do our snorkeling with the manatees...

great times

mrferrit
08/03/2006, 07:46 PM
yea the crystal river dive was cool did you go down to the cavern there ? where they take you on the boat or 3 sisters where you have to swim down a canal to a sunkin tree thats pretty cool what was your ear problem is it that you just couldnt clear them ? or anether prob. my buddy last time couldnt clear needless to say she spent alot of the time watching my at 40 FT
was john your insrtuctor there ?

raskal311
08/07/2006, 01:13 PM
I'm the type that can't pee under water if I wanted to :D

skylsdale
08/24/2006, 10:53 PM
Anmd yes water can get kind of cold down her in Florida. Febuary temps are around 68 deg.

The WARMEST I've ever been in here in Puget Sound is 52*F. Peeing is drysuits doesn't quite achieve the same result...

Reefugee
08/25/2006, 10:55 AM
Now we know who's the liar. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7895017#post7895017 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by raskal311
I'm the type that can't pee under water if I wanted to :D