PDA

View Full Version : Anemone

Ninja120
07/31/2006, 09:46 AM
I found the anemone between my surface skimmer and the intake spot curled up. I removed it afraid that it might cause it stress. Do anemones often go there?

Steven0000
07/31/2006, 11:14 AM
is it a hitchhiker?
or did you buy it?

it is just roaming to find a comfotable spot
leave it alone uless it is in harms way like near a powerhead or filter intake

Ninja120
07/31/2006, 11:57 AM
I bought the anemone. It is a GBTA, I slowly push in the sides with my nails until it totally unattached by itself, it left a little slime, which did not seem to be part of its foot. I hope it was not harmed during this process. I was just afraid it would get trapped there and wont be able to get out cause the flow. So next time i should just leave it stuck between the surface skimmer and intake spot?

Steven0000
07/31/2006, 04:56 PM
no no
make sure it won't be harmed and move it if you have to
but if it is just moveing around the tank
then leave it alone
it is just trying to find a spot where it is comfortable

cyenna
08/01/2006, 12:09 AM
This is a helpful website about anemones: http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

EDIT: .....assuming you have a bubble tip anemone...even if you don't, most the information can be applied to anemones in general

july865
08/02/2006, 08:39 PM
i agree TOTALY with steven

Ninja120
08/02/2006, 11:05 PM
Ok well i left it there and i think it got stuck. I thought it would move itself out, but it didnt, im guessing because all the water flow didnt let it move out and lost its grip. I found it today after work and part of him turned white and fell apart. So he is split in 2. One big piece and one small, I think the big 1 will heal and the small 1 wont make it.

mister crabs
08/03/2006, 07:17 AM
if yuo have a QT tank then get goth peices out until you see if either will make it. When anenomes get stressed or die they release toxins into the water that can/will kill everything else in your tank and possibly make even your LR/LS tainted.