PDA

View Full Version : Commodity Axis Helios t-5 HO III

swashbuckler
07/31/2006, 03:52 PM
Ive seen this in the magazines- its a complete slim fixture that holds one t-5 HO lamp with parabolic reflector, and all that shnaz.

commodity axis's site however, doesnt detail such product or mention it anywhere

http://www.commodityaxis.com/Home.aspx

so i was wondering if anyone here has tried one, or can recommend where to get one?

thanks...

Mirror Pond
07/31/2006, 06:43 PM
Email them. They are selling them for $75.00. These are different from their previous models as they will accept replacement bulbs. I was told that they put out 2x the par of the dual coralife T5 fixture, whatever that means. At that price I did not see it as such a great value compared to other established T5 systems like the SS Tek.

swashbuckler
07/31/2006, 09:05 PM
75 bucks?!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........

but thanks mr. mirror pond for the info, much appreciated.

blu0honu
08/01/2006, 04:31 AM
their pc lights have a high failure rate... maybe they've gotten their act together for t5s, but i wouldn't trust them.

horkn
08/01/2006, 07:33 AM
i have the last design of helios strip lite in t5 super blue. while the reflector was junk, it seems to be a reliable unit. i took the reflector off of mine and gutted it to run in my canopy. i use mine for dusk/ dawn on my 35g.

this new design is supposed to have a better reflector. but i have not seen it yet.

swashbuckler
08/01/2006, 09:10 AM
i guess these are still in production or havnt reached the "for sale" point yet. But darn, even if they were for sale, i wouldnt wanna pay freakin 75 bucks for one and even that if they have a prior bad reputation on earlier models-

horkn
08/01/2006, 11:53 AM
that is probably msrp, but we all know you can buy stuff for less than that.

manufacturer's suggested retail price.

i never pay retail:)