PDA

View Full Version : Auto top-off setup

Shekki
07/31/2006, 04:15 PM
Here's how I have it so far. RO/DI unit is connected to water line in the fruit cellar, which is below the tank. The filtered water is delivered directly to the tank and controlled by a Kent Marine float valve and solenoid. I have a 55 gallon drum in the cellar where I'll keep filtered water for water changes. The waste water goes to a separate drum, where it will be pumped out via sump pump. Since I'm defying gravity, this seems like the obvious solution. The solenoid makes a whooping noise occasionally and I emailed Kent about it. They told me that the unit should not be hooked up solely for top-off, but should instead fill a holding tank. How do I get the water up to the tank automatically if If I run the system that way?

Any ideas?

BTW, my sump is in my cabinet.

Robb

Jester
07/31/2006, 04:45 PM
Some people just use a pump.. The float valve activates the pump in water holding tank and then the pump fills the sump till the float valve cuts it off... I dont know what type of float valve you have, but some people use the valves like the ones at http://www.autotopoff.com/ for top off setups... hope this helps...

Jester