PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI HELP! with shutoff & restrictor

john rochon
07/31/2006, 04:32 PM
hi guys, thansk for the order. couple questions.
were does this AUTO SHUT OFF go inline on my RO/DI system??
it shows TAP 1, TAP 2 and PURE WATER??? I have the system on a KENTS FLOAT VALVE on my sump.

also, the restrictor?? it came with a little tube with a green end??
were does this go and were inline does this go??
please help LOL.

Jeremy B.
08/01/2006, 03:41 PM
Hi John,

Sorry for just now getting back to you from this morning. It is possible you might need another fitting to get this solenoid to work for you. You will be plumbing your line coming from the carbon filter into the "Tap 1" port, where the nuts are on the unit. Note it's the nut side and not the side where the bolts are recessed in (that side is "Pure 3"). You will then exit the water from the "Tap 2" out side, which is the top square fitting. The line from this will go into the input side of your RO membrane. Now coming out of your RO membrane, before going to the DI filter, you will need to run a "T" into the "pure 3" port, where the recessed fittings are and just run the water by this port, as a bypass essentially. The "T" fitting is the item you may need if you do not have one.

Please let me know if this helps, and if you need the "T" fitting to make it work.

Thanks,
Jeremy

john rochon
08/01/2006, 08:14 PM
seems I have it all working. thanKS JEREMY, only 1 issue, the KENTS TERMINATOR 200 SHUTOFF vibrates like crazy when the paddle [float] is closing. not sure why? I close the inline water valve [from tap] just a bit and it seemed to stop for now.