PDA

View Full Version : Seio?

crypticghost
07/31/2006, 08:04 PM
Ok, all I have heard is that Seio's are bad...Why is this? I am wanting something along the lines of tunze, but do not want to pay the money...I have heard the seio's are really the only thing that is comparable with them. I have a closed on my system and everything is happy, I just want a little more water agetation... So I was thinking this would be a moderately cheap way to go about this...so why do people not go with them... I have a maxi-jet I could buy the peices to do that mod, but I have heard bad things about this...someone help me out here.

JmLee
07/31/2006, 08:08 PM
i think its just over hyped, and i also believe the people that experienced problems had the older models. Ive been using seios on both my 60 gal reef and my 29 gallon, the only problem i ran into with my seio 1100 was that when i unplugged it and pluged it back in it wouldnt start and i would have to kinda tap it a few times to get it going again. I believe all seios are now epoxy encased so theres not much to worry about.

ERICinFL
07/31/2006, 10:21 PM
If you want a Tunze style power head, save your money, buy a MaxiJet, then do the mod. You'll get just as much water (if not more) movement at a fraction of the cost.

chip721
07/31/2006, 10:22 PM
I have 620's, 820's, and 1100's. I've experienced some occasional start-up problems, but nothing major. IMO with some regular maintenance they perform relatively well. I let one get pretty calcified and while trying to clean it, ended up breaking the impeller's ceramic shaft. I would simply suggest keeping an extra impeller on hand and you should be fine.

affan
07/31/2006, 10:24 PM
FWIW, I've never had a problem with any of the SEIO's that I've owned. 820's, 1100's, and now 2x1500's. Poor man's Tunze, yes. But definitely worth the money.

crypticghost
07/31/2006, 11:50 PM
That is what I thought...but just wanted to make sure. Thank you for the help.