PDA

View Full Version : Sargassum/Red tail trigger question

ktrandc
08/01/2006, 12:02 PM
I've just adopted a Sargassum trigger and would like to keep it in my 90 gallon reef that has 2 tangs (purple & blue), some wrasses and gobies. I've read on livaaquaria that they're not reef safe but on marinecenter it says they are. I'm not sure who to beleive so I'd like to ask all the trigger experts for their opinions on this particular fish. If I can't keep him then I'll find him a good home. Please help.

jmaneyapanda
08/01/2006, 12:44 PM
If you are sure you have a sargassum, it is reef safe. They have a small upturned moputh, and usually dont go after inverts. Watch closely for aggressive to smaller shrimps and gobies, though.

ktrandc
08/01/2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your response. Do you have any experience with these types of triggers? I'm confident that it's a sargassum trigger. I really hope I can keep this guy and will keep a close eye for aggression.

jmaneyapanda
08/01/2006, 01:34 PM
Ive kept one in the past. he was small and passive, and ate out of my hand. nice fish overall.

thor32766
08/01/2006, 01:49 PM
yeah i have had quite a few friends that keep them with shrimps amung other things. They are a great fish!