PDA

View Full Version : Collection Cup Constantly Overflowing

Snowboarder2757
08/01/2006, 04:05 PM
I have a 30g reef, 10 g sump with a coralife skimmerup to 65 gallons. I have never had a problem with it and have had it for about 6months.
Now everday I check my skimmer, the collection cup is overflowing. Any ideas or help? thanks!!!

Blown 346
08/01/2006, 05:08 PM
Overflowing as the skimmer isnt making any production, but just filling up with tank water and overflowing?

If so, tuen the intake adjustment knob lower, you might have to check on it for a few hour to make sure it is set where you want it.

Porkibear
08/01/2006, 07:11 PM
I've had the same problem with the same skimmer. I believe it has something to do with the bubble production box, and the tube that runs into it. Instructions say that the tube leading into the bubble production box needs to be at least 1 inch above the sponge located on the bottom of the bubble production box. My skimmer collection cup was overflowing because the tube was touching the sponge, as well as the sponge being clogged with crap.

Hope that helps. PM me if you need additional info.

dermer
08/01/2006, 09:05 PM
try drilling the cup so that you can run a hose to a different container so it dont overflow but mine dose the same thing till i did that its mainly do to water level changes as far as im conserned

deep6er
08/01/2006, 10:15 PM
It took me a few days to tune in my CL skimmer. turn the red nob so the bubbles are around 1/2 way up the center tube in the colection chamber. It must have a little rubber nipple on the bottom. you can attach a hose to it and run it to a separate container.

good luck
let us know how it goes.