PDA

View Full Version : Substrate Glueing

saltman25
08/01/2006, 05:54 PM
I have heard there is a way to mix sand witha silicone or glue. I am unable to find the thread. I would like to do this to keep my nitrates down. I think it is a better and cheaper way then using a shallow or deep sand bed and looks better then a bare bottom.
thanks in advance. Also has any one tried it and how did it turn out.

kozmo02
08/01/2006, 05:57 PM
if you dont like the look of bare bottom, but you want the results, you should just get starboard. glueing sand sounds like a real pain in the butt to me, run a search for starboard and see if you like it.

saltman25
08/01/2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the help. I have decided to glue and to the starboard but I can not find out what exactly is the star board can I get a link. I also saw g-moneys tank but have not seen any updates in the past year do you know if his tank specificaly the stardboard held up.
regards,
salman25

saltman25
08/02/2006, 05:43 PM
I was still wondering if any one could send me pic of this starboard and were i could find it for purchase.

Next thread
Live rock
I am looking to purchase some live rock for my reef tank
1. How much (I am thing about 100lbs is this to much)
A. tank size 90 gallon with a 30 gallon refug. I plan on getting a 29 gallon high tank and filling it with a large amount of miraicle mud. maybe 5-9 gallon.
2. What kind should I get (fiji, tonga ect). Advantages and disadvantages.
3. Online or pickup
A. Good price/quality online suppliers
B. Local pick up. I am from albany NY and my local fish store stock is just not adaquate and is overpriced 9$lbs. Am willling to drive to the Boston or NYC area if nessasary.
Thanks in advance

For people in the DC metro area I would suggest stopping by Roozen nursery (301)-248-2500. I am not sure If i was surprised more by the out side appearance or the fish room in the back!