PDA

View Full Version : AC III and Probe expansion - distance apart?

jet_jer
08/02/2006, 09:56 AM
I am looking to setup a new sump area in my basement and need to know what the longest distance the ACIII and the PX1000 can be apart from each other. My sump will be about 60' away and since the more powerfull stuff will be in the basement I would like to place the ACIII unit in the basement - no problem there. However the display is on the 2nd floor of my house and to get to it via wires its about a 60-65' distance. So my plan was to use a PX1000 and place it in the display stand hooked up to a dc-8 with my lights and powerheads and a temp probe in the display.

Can the two units be connected via a cable 65' apart?

jer

clp
08/02/2006, 06:49 PM
That is way too far. The max length is about 15'.

Curt

jet_jer
08/03/2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks - so my best bet would be to use the ACIII in the basement and use a seperate AC Jr. or ACIII upstairs - oh well its just green paper anyways :)

jer

DrBDC
08/03/2006, 07:29 AM
You'll just have to buy some more tanks and place one every 15 feet along the way to the other tank. ;)

jet_jer
08/03/2006, 03:38 PM
WOW!!! I think that might work - lets see - If I place one in the kitchen and then one in the wall to upstairs and then my regular display - that would work great :)

How does the X-10 stuff work? Is that a viable option to run my lights and 2 powerheads off of?

Jer

DrBDC
08/03/2006, 03:46 PM
I run a tank in my son's room from my ac3 via X10. I just do the lights but no problems. I need to get the two sides of my service panel linked so I can run two other tanks on the opposite side of the circuit breaker.