PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Ozonizer

Jay4Robin
08/02/2006, 06:18 PM
Well I had a major problem 2 weeks ago. I lost power for about 12 hours. It was overnight and I lost about 8 fish before I could get my generator up.
I did a few water changes for the next 3 days and heavy skimming. I could not get my ozonizer to bring my readings up. I waited another week to try it again and its starting to work but very very slowly. Is this normal? Its the deluxe unit. aquazone deluxe 100.

thanks Jay

eclecticvibe
08/03/2006, 08:50 AM
Jay,
Take a whiff at the end of the ozone tube and see if you still get that ozone smell. A power outage shouldn't have hurt the unit. ORP is a strange parameter and not fully understood. I could easily believe that losing several animals could substantially drop ORP for a while.

Jay4Robin
08/03/2006, 09:58 AM
I woke up this morning and its climbing its over 300 now. it must be working thanks:)

Charlie Davidson
08/04/2006, 08:22 AM
After a water change is about the only time mine comes on! :) (same unit)

WIKI2ECHO
08/09/2006, 08:47 PM
Does anybody have a clue as to how to get one of these repaired?? I have a 200PLUS Delux model. I had a local electronics whizkid replacea blown transistor but the unit still produces no ozone. I tried to contact the REdsea.com outfit in texas........not much help there for any major repairs.
Anybody got any ideas. These are pretty pricey units to keep laying around without a place to get them repaired.

Any help appreciated

Bill

eclecticvibe
08/09/2006, 08:49 PM
I thought red sea could repair the units, though you'd have to pay for it if it's out of waranty. www.redseafish.com is the site to check out. Other than that, I don't know. Corona discharge ozonizers are also used for some other applications, though I can't think of what right now. Maybe you could find an electrician that knows how to do it. Best of luck!

Jay4Robin
08/09/2006, 08:57 PM
My ozonizer went bad while under warranty. Icontacted them and they replaced it with a new one.
I am sure they have a service they can provied but I would not tell them you had someone do repairs on it.
I spoke to Pinky at red Sea. She was help full.