PDA

View Full Version : fish hiding concern

doox00
08/02/2006, 08:46 PM
I have 2 true perc clowns and 3 firefish in my 90, tank has been up 7 or so months.. the clowns have been in there for 5 months about and the firefish for 2 or 3 months. they are always out and about during the day when the lights are on, well starting today one of the firefish (the most social and fearless one) is hiding in the rocks on the bottom all day, when I fed them this afternoon he came out for a couple minutes and then went back and is under a rock on the bottom again, did not come out when I fed this evening. he looks perfectly fine still though, just seems unusual.. tested the water for ammonia and trates and all are 0, water temp is 80.. this anything to be concerned about? all fish were quarantined for 4 weeks before they went into the 90g.

angelsj247
08/02/2006, 09:02 PM
just keep a close eye on him for right now.. and see how he is in a couple of days.. as long as he atleast came out for food thats a good sign

spoiledcats
08/02/2006, 09:04 PM
Possibly one or both of the clowns are picking on this fish. I would try to watch them when the lights are out. Sometimes you don't see this behavior until then. Just a thought.

doox00
08/02/2006, 09:08 PM
the minute the lights go out, both clowns go up into the upper left corner of the tank and do there slow wiggle swim until the lights come on the next day, the 3 firefish immediately go into the rock and disappear until the next day as well. he was just out a minute ago also for a few minutes and now is hiding again. all 5 of the fish generally swim together in the same areas, the 2 clowns usually always stick together and the 3 fishfish together.

also, all these fish are about the same size, pretty small.