PDA

View Full Version : dwarf angel question

chuckh
08/03/2006, 01:32 PM
in a 90 gallon can i have a coral beauty and a flame angel?

i already have the CB and read that you shouldnt keep like angel fish together, didnt know if they mean dwarf ones or not.

Thanks
Chuck

lilprincess
08/03/2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah that includes dwarf angels as well. They can be kept together if you have a large enough tank. You can try it, but there's no guarantee they will get along. I hope you have lots of LR.

6stang9
08/04/2006, 08:13 AM
i am going to do the same thing and have done alot of research. the best thing for you to do is take out the coral beauty and put him in the sump or other tank for a week or so and get flame, rearrange your tank and add them at the same time. good luck. what kind of cichlids do you keep? africans?

dougie
08/04/2006, 08:31 AM
i think they should be fine, just keep an eye on them. if theres plenty of rock/hiding spaces it shouldnt b a problem, i keep a CB and other dwarf angels together in my 55g,with no dramas.
HTH.
Cheers.

6stang9
08/04/2006, 08:40 AM
hey dougie did you have to introduce them together?

akrimmel
08/04/2006, 08:58 AM
dont call the fish police but i had a CB and a flame together in a 29, i had the CB in there first then added the flame a few months later. they are both in a 75RR now with no problems from beggining to now, will this be the case for most--dont know, all i can say that it is a 50/50, but the bigger the tank the better, the flame was bigger than the CB that is why i added him last to the tank, best bet is to get them the same size and add together.

Angel*Fish
08/04/2006, 09:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7877065#post7877065 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 6stang9
i am going to do the same thing and have done alot of research. the best thing for you to do is take out the coral beauty and put him in the sump or other tank for a week or so and get flame, rearrange your tank and add them at the same time. Good plan - still no guarantees though - if it was me I would probably choose a flame about a half in. shorter than the CB. (or add them at the same time of course.)

In general I don't think CB's and flames are the best Centropyges to keep together - but they are the ones everyone seems to always choose