PDA

View Full Version : England people watching Channel 3!!

Rijinals
08/03/2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry to inconvenience anyone who is not from England here but if you are, and you are watching Celebrity Love Island - you will have noticed when the celebritys go into the hut to talk to the producers of the programme there is a kick *** marine tank behind them! BUT - there are 5 strings of constant air bubbles coming from the live rock!! Whats all that about?? How can they keep those fish in there with those bubbles messing up the tanks water surface and skimming units??????????????? It just does not make an sense!!!

Can you have bubbles coming from air pumps in a marine tank or what??????????

Rijinals
08/03/2006, 04:02 PM
Right - My quest is to find an Englishman who watches Channel 3 within Reef Central!!! Give me my sword an shield - off I go!!

Travis L. Stevens
08/03/2006, 04:04 PM
It's fine to have an airstone running in the tank. It won't hurt anything.

Rijinals
08/04/2006, 01:13 AM
Will the air stone clog up alot faster then in say a goldfish bowl? I really like the "bubbles" look but do not want to mess around with the waters surface. Plus it must be a massive bonus in oxgenating the tank??

Clouded
08/04/2006, 01:27 AM
It is just an airstone in the rocks...they can be beneficial adding more o2 to the water...I have one running in the return portion of my sump, just to make sure there is a plent of o2 running through the tank...yes, they get clogged, but air stones are cheap to replace.

Rossini
08/04/2006, 05:04 AM
I have seen that tank. It got some nice fish in. But everytime I see it,it seems to have different fish. which makes me think they are loosing them often,and replacing them.

They had what looks like a quite large Magnificent Anemone with lots of clownnfish in. it looked really unhappy,all floppy,there is zero flow in that tank. anyway the next night,it was gone. It's cr*p. Obvisouly most viewers wouldnt notice this....

adtravels
08/04/2006, 06:19 AM
nice to here some fellow brits on rc
rijinal shame about your avatar though.

Rob Martin
08/04/2006, 06:54 AM
Yeh,shame 'bout the avatar,Spurs all the way!

Beastmaster
08/04/2006, 07:35 AM
I would have thought adding an air-stone would make little difference compared to the oxygenation a skimmer provides. And they look naff. Though perhaps not when bubbled through a small treasure chest or sunken Spanish galleon...