PDA

View Full Version : AC3Pro Question

jleichtman
08/04/2006, 11:05 AM
Sorry for all the questions but I'm a big fan of researching a product before I make a purchase.

I'm reading on your website cool things that can be done with the AC3Pro and maybe I'm not able to grasp a couple of things.

Would it be a possible to give some examples of products that you have tested items with...

What Lamp can you use to Simulate Moon Cycles.

How would you hook up the 4 Digital inputs and what products have been used successfuly.

Thank you very much for your time.

Joshua

clp
08/04/2006, 02:52 PM
If you want dimming for the moon cycle simulation then you need to use a lamp module with an incandescent bulb. Some use a standard 5 or 10 watt incandescent bulb, and other have used rope lights. Here is a thread that discusses moon lights: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=613813

The digital inputs can connect to any dry contact switch, and then the AquaController can sense whether or not that switch is open or closed. The wires of the switch connect between the ground pin and input #X pin of the I/O connector. Some devices that have been connected input: Float switches, water on the floor sensors (Waterbug), pressure transducers, flow sensors, etc.

I don't have a list of products that have been tested with the controller, but there are thousands of units in the field and compatibility problems are few. Post the list of equipment you plan on using with the controller, and I'm sure others will make some comments if there are any known issues.

Curt