PDA

View Full Version : phosphate reactor help

seminolecpa
08/04/2006, 09:41 PM
I recently installed a PhosBan reactor to help battle the phosphates in my tank. Using ROWA phos as the media.

Can someone tell me how long I leave the media in the reactor? Does it disolve similar to a calcium reactor or does it have say a certain time frame before it needs to be replaced.

Not having much luck searching for an answer and the directions on both the reactor and media don't seem to address.

Thanks.

Yames14
08/05/2006, 12:00 AM
Here's a link to tips on usage from the manufacture.

ROWAphos Tips (http://www.rowausa.com/rowaphos_tips.html)

gregr
08/07/2006, 04:08 PM
I'm reading everything I can get my hands on since I tested for phosphates yesterday and it was thru the roof :( So I can answer your question definitively: I dunno :lol:
Seriously- the answer, from what I've been able to find, is that you need to test for phosphates somewhat regularly and when you start seeing measurements greater than zero it's time to change the media.

outy
08/07/2006, 04:21 PM
like gregr says, when it test above 0 its time to change it out. everyones phos levels are different

use a slow flow. you will probably need to change the first batch out much quicker then when you get your phos levels in check.

i change out about 1" monthly [wont be the same for you]