PDA

View Full Version : Mantis mistake!!!!!!!

CKreef
08/05/2006, 02:04 PM
Well i moved some rock from my mantis tank to my reef 2 days ago. I do this to help supply pods for my mandarin. I took out a nice size rok and inspected it for my mantis and none was found. Later tha night i heard some popping noises but really didnt think twice about it because both tanks are pretty close together. well the next morning i heard it more and more. So i went o inspect the tanks. I looked all over in my mantis tank and it was nowhere to be found. The noise continued so i listened carefully and it was coming from my reef tank!! Of corse this was bad because i have 2 small maroon clowns and some small chromis a pom pom crab and a cbs. I found all my fish to be fine. Then i noticed the cbs acting wierd. He was fighting off my mantis!! The mantis just swam off when he saw me. I quickly removed some of my rock and caught the little devil AND RETURNED HIM TO HIS TANK. Everything in the reef tank was fine except for a couple of snails and a hermit. I guess this will teach me to be more careful!

PRESTO2345
08/05/2006, 02:12 PM
Better the snails than your fish I would say....Good thing you caught the bugger when you did.

Uriel
08/05/2006, 03:14 PM
Good ending...
I would have hated to hear that your CBS got the axe...er, smasher.

-Ron

Thurge
08/06/2006, 09:50 AM
Close call. Lucky for you your mantis didn't decide to play hide-and-go-seek with you.