PDA

View Full Version : tropic marin test results

mile sq. reefer
08/06/2006, 12:15 AM
Does anyone have information regarding the test results of Tropic Marin Salt Mix with a specific gravity of 1.025?

bertoni
08/06/2006, 04:37 PM
I haven't used that salt, nor have I seen any data on it, particularly. Is there a specific problem that you're seeing?

mile sq. reefer
08/06/2006, 05:39 PM
Not particularly, I've been using it for quite some time. Just read some replies regarding the calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium results found with Reef Crystals which seemed to be optimal for a reef system and wanted to know if Tropic Marin was everything it was marketed it to be. So if anyone has test results regarding these elements it would help.

Billybeau1
08/06/2006, 06:24 PM
mile, You will find a million opinions on salt here on RC. Everyones tank is different. Calcium and Alkalinity consumption vary on all tanks. That's why some people swear by one salt and other people swear by others. I've never tested TM so I cant comment there, but a lot of people use it. Just like a lot of people use IO and RC and TMPro.

Your tank is unique to you. If you want to give RC a try, buy a bucket. When its done you'll know if your tank is better or not. If not, just change back. No harm no foul. :)